▬▬ 07. IMPOSSIBLE

CHAPTER SEVEN
━━━━ IMPOSSIBLE  ━━━━

【 CHAPTER SEVEN 】━━━━ IMPOSSIBLE  ━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHE WOKE UP WITH A START. Looking around, propping herself up on her elbow, she found herself next to James. Absurdly close to James. At first, she hadn't a clue as to where she was. Then everything from last night came rushing into her mind like a crashing wave. Casting a glance to the window, she noticed that the sun was just rising, the orange glow of the sun just at the bottom of the sky. She thanked Merlin they hadn't slept so late. James was still snoring.

⠀⠀"James," she said gently, poking his cheek. "James, wake up."

⠀⠀His eyes opened with no elegance to them as he blinked multiple times as if something was in his eye. "Is it morning?" he asked groggily, groaning as he turned over. He was still slightly shocked that he had slept next to her last night; it was something he had only dreamed of long ago. How far had they come?

⠀⠀"Yeah, we'd better get going," Laurel replied, pulling off the blankets and crawling over James, getting off the bed as he sat up. "Before anyone notices."

⠀⠀"You think the Fat Lady'll let us in?" James asked as he watched Laurel tie the laces of her boots, her messy blonde bed hair falling over her face. "She might still be asleep."

⠀⠀"Well then we'll wake her up," Laurel said as if doing that was simple. "Or sleep in the hallway until she does."

⠀⠀"Like that isn't suspicious," James said, swinging his legs over the bed and putting on his shoes, attempting to fix his hair, which was sticking up in all possible directions. Laurel got up and pulled on her jacket, tossing James' jacket at him and grabbing the Polaroid camera off the desk. She stuffed her wand in her jacket pocket and stood by the door, waiting for James. He was done in a jiffy and they both hurried out the door, following the path down the steps and towards Hogwarts. The door to the little hut seemed to lock itself.

⠀⠀As they continued down the path, the hut seemed to fade away. Maybe that's why you couldn't see it from Hogwarts. It was hidden by some strong magic that James and Laurel had managed to get past.

⠀⠀"What time do you think it is?" James asked, looking up at the sky.

⠀⠀Laurel looked up too. "Probably around 5am?"

⠀⠀"Maybe," James said, shrugging.

⠀⠀The path ended in front of the Forbidden Forest, forcing them to make their way in in order to get back to the castle. So they continued their long trek through it, but James wasn't having it.