▬▬ 10. ENIGMA

CHAPTER TEN
━━━━ ENIGMA ━━━━

【 CHAPTER TEN 】━━━━ ENIGMA ━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THEY STARTED GOING TO classes together again, the two week long avoidance of each other finally coming to an end, after his birthday. James' mood had significantly changed for the better ever since he had turned seventeen; his friends could only guess why. Laurel didn't really have to guess.

⠀⠀He had gotten a letter from his father, saying that he had shown up in a small article on the Wizard's Weekly with a picture of him carrying Laurel. Harry was asking if he and Laurel were actually dating, although he didn't think so. His mother was excited, calling Luna again and again, making extravagant wedding plans and unnecessary baby name lists (James wondered if it was because she herself had hardly gotten a say in her own children's names).

⠀⠀He had laughed at his mother, shaking his head at the ridiculous name list (which luckily had the name Pigwedgion crossed out). James wanted to show Laurel, but held himself back, fearing that she'd be creeped out. But he couldn't settle on what her reaction would be, since she was one of unpredictability. He liked that very much about her.

⠀⠀Laurel had hung up the pictures from James' birthday on an empty wall in their dormitory (since there were only the three girls), adding it to the photo wall she was slowly piecing together. There were photos of the three girls, Laurel and her brothers, just Dom and Callen, and others. Laurel loved pictures as much as she did with art, and wondered how she'd fair as a photographer for the Daily Prophet or the Magician's Magazine. But she pushed that thought away, focusing on her career path as a Healer. She really wanted to be one. Perhaps photography would be a hobby from now on.

⠀⠀She couldn't stop looking at the picture of her and James for awhile. Callen and Dom would catch her staring at the photo with that glazed look she had when she was fascinated by the moon or the stars, which was a rarity for Laurel to be doing while looking at people.

⠀⠀"You like him, don't you?" Dominique asked, as the three of them were walking to the library to study.

⠀⠀"Him who?" Laurel asked, confused at first. Then Dominique threw her a look and she snapped out of it. "Oh. Him."

⠀⠀"Yes, him. My cousin," the ginger said, rolling her eyes.

⠀⠀Laurel hesitated, finding an empty table in the back of the library, sitting down, thinking about the question. Did she like him?

⠀⠀"Don't lie," Callen said, sitting across from Laurel next to Dominique. "It's written all over your face when you watch him talk during mealtimes."