A Walk In The Moonlight

Chapter 2

My phone was off while it was malfunctioning during the storm my frustrations grew so eventually I just turned it off.

I climbed into my truck, which was parked at the school so I could drive home myself since I had plans after senior scribe.

When my phone turned on a row of notifications came across my screen.

Missed calls from Derek<3

Texts from Derek <3

Missed video call from Derek<3

I let out a sigh of annoyance, he was trying to get a hold of me for the past three hours and I couldn't answer him.

I also had one missed call from my dad.

I checked my voicemails first.

"Hey Em, it's me, hope everything is okay, call me when you get the chance, I really miss you. I wish you were here, I hope you're okay. I love you."

I bite my lip I tried to talk to him when I can and the fact that I missed the chance to talk to him pisses me off.

The next voicemail is from my dad. "Hey Em, I was hoping to catch you before senior scribe but I guess I missed you call me back when you can honey, bye."

I let out a breath through my nose I dialed Derek's number first, but after it rang for a few moments, I got nothing.

"Great."

I took my bag off of my lap and placed it in the seat next to me and the flowers I bought for Allison's grave. They were simply red roses,her favorite.

I reach under my seat and reach for the knife I keep under there next to my katana. I look at the knife for a moment, I was rusty, I didn't train as hard as I could've over the summer and it showed I nearly got my ass kicked. I needed to train harder and develop my power seven more in case something else came to attack Scott.

I placed the knife into my jacket holster, and I then started the truck, and pulled out of the school.

+

I pulled up to the cemetery that Isaac used to work at, which is now where Allison was.

I sat in my truck for a few moments more, I haven't gotten a letter from Isaac in a little bit, or video chatted with him either, I decided soon I would get back to that, I missed my scarf wearing little werewolf friend.

I haven't talked to Jackson since I informed him about what happened to Allison, maybe I could talk to him again as well.

I look out among the tombstones until my eyes landed on Allison's. I got out of the truck with the bundle of roses in my hand and the flashlight in the other.

I flicked it on, and walked over to it.

I placed the roses down gently, and squatted down. "Hi Alli. Senior scribe was tonight, I wish more than anything you were there, it still doesn't feel right to not have you here." I stop for a second, my eyes begin to water.

"I hate that I have to spend birthdays without you graduate without you,it doesn't feel right Allison. I'm scared that I can't help the way you did, I just don't want fail everyone. I love you—Al- Allison."Tears were falling down my face and my voice became tremulous.

"You will always be in my heart, you were the best sister. I miss you, I just want you to know that even if I seem like a mess, I'm okay. I have my brothers and Derek, they are all watching out for me, just like we always did for each other." I stood up slowly, picked up my flashlight wiped my eyes and sent one last glance over at her grave,and then slowly walked over to my truck.