New Chimera, New Problem

Chapter 7

Stiles and Theo found a body killed by the Dread Doctors and they brought it to Deaton's. Scott and I took our separate vehicles to Deaton's.

I climbed out of my truck and I walked ahead of Scott, when he stopped me. "Em."

I stopped but didn't turn around. "Thank you for saving me."

"At least I can do something right." I answer and I walk in.

I stand next to Stiles as he pulls the sheet off to show Scott and I. "Do you know him?" Theo asks.

"His name's Josh. He was a junior," Scott replies.

Stiles covers his face back up with the sheet.

"Which one did it? The one with the cane?" Scott questions.

Stiles doesn't answer but Theo does. "Yeah."

"What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. All right, someone's got to stay here with him." Stiles comments.

Theo lets out a sigh but volunteers. "I'll do it. It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

Scott's phone vibrates and he pulls it out of his pocket and gets a horrified look on his face.

"What is it?" Stiles questions.

"Another one. Another Chimera."

=

Hayden was the new Chimera the Sophomore girl that seemed to really hate Liam and worked at that dance club.

She had locked herself in Scott's bathroom and refused to come out and talk to us.

Scott knocked on the door to try and coax her out. "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just...We want to help." She doesn't respond.

Scott turns around to us. "I can hear her heart beat. She's really freaked out. What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." Liam answers.

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know."

"She's definitely a Chimera?" The young Alpha questions.

"She said she heard a voice saying, 'Your condition improves.'"

"Okay that's deeply unsettling." I mutter.

Stiles moves towards the door to talk to her. "Hayden. This is Stiles. Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

She still doesn't open the door. "Let me try." I suggest.

"Hayden. My name is Emily, we've gone through this before, okay? We just need to tell you the truth. That kind of thing usually is better face-to-face trust me. Just come out so we can talk. But if you don't come out, then I'm gonna have to owe Scott a new door, after I break this one open. It's okay if you don't want to talk or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just.... I gotta know that you're okay, that you're safe."

She still doesn't answer. "Sorry about your door." I mutter to Scott. I get poised ready to kick the door open when it unlocks and slowly slides open.

I push the door open more, Hayden has claws, fangs and glowing gold eyes. "I believe you." She mutters.

=

The next day at school, I brought in the telluric current map from my house and brought it in, even though Scott and I have worked together some, we still weren't back to normal.

"We're back to telluric currents?" Stiles questions when I put the map down in front of us with Scott standing next to me.

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." I explain.

"Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?"

I point to the old markings we left on the map the last time we used them. "We're standing on it."

"You want to hide her in the high school? For how long?" Stiles questions Scott and I.

"If we have to, all night." Scott answers. "Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, she thinks Hayden is staying at a friend's."

"But it's just a school though. You know, I mean, it's not exactly a fortress." Stiles points out.

"Lydia's got an idea for that. Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?" I comment.

"Frequency and vibration." Stiles answers.

I nod at him.

"She thinks that he wasn't saying that just to sound smart. She thinks maybe it was a clue." Scott adds.

"To do what?"

"Disrupt their frequency. Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station. He thinks he can broaden their range frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now."

=

Now it's time to set the plan in motion. After our meeting in the library Stiles brought me aside after Scott left and he looked like he paled 10 shades.

"I need you to come with me to the clinic." Stiles says as we walk down the hall to my locker.

"For what? Do you really think I want to sit and hold hands with Theo?" I ask sarcastically.

"No, but Theo knows something and I need to tell you about it, so you aren't surprised later."

I stop in the hall and face Stiles fully. "What do you mean Stiles?"

"Come with me and I will tell you."

"Stiles."

Stiles gets a frustrated look on his face. "Emily." He retorts.

I let out a puff of air through nose like a bull. "What is it?"

"Theo knows something and we need to talk about it, okay?"

"Fine."

Stiles lets an exasperated sound. "Thank you, now please get your ass into the jeep."

"Yes sir." I mutter sarcastically and give a fake salute.

We turn on our heels and walk out to the Jeep. "Such a bad influence on me."

"Oh I've been a bad influence on you since we were sophomores."

=

We were just about to the clinic, I sat there in silence digesting all of what Stiles had told me. Theo knew about Donovan, he knew were both involved and he could easily tell Scott, then I would really lose my friend. Scott would hate me because I nearly killed Donovan and it was my fault Stiles did, he was trying to save me and I never told Scott what happened, and this plus the thing about Tracy how could he ever talk to us again?

"Em?"

I look towards Stiles. "Yeah?"

"It will be okay." He reaches over and puts his arm around me and gives my shoulder a squeeze."

"I hope you're right."

X

Hey guys yes I updated and soon Emily will have her memory I promise I just need to wait for it to be triggered so be patient and guesses on what it might be? 

I will try to update again today, let me know what you guys think

Comment, Vote, Follow :)