Sometimes Goodbye Is A Second Chance

Chapter 8 

My phone started ringing in my pocket I guess they turned it back on. I pull it out to see Melissa's name flash across my screen. I quickly answer it.

        "Hello Melissa?"

        "Oh, thank God Em. You, Scott, Stiles, everyone, you kids okay?"

        "Yeah we're fine all alive."

        "Good. Em, I know you're not dating him anymore but I thought you might want to know.... Something happened."

        "What? What happened?" I panic what happened to Derek?

        "He was shot. There was another assassin." I cover my mouth with my hand. I close my eyes please be okay.

        "Is he- is he okay? Where is he?" My voice catches, I try to calm it.

        "He left the hospital I'm assuming he went home."

        "Where? Where was he shot?" My voice breaks.

         He's not healing he could be bleeding out on the floor.

        "The abdomen."

        "Did he get checked or did he just leave?"

        "He just left." I feel panic set in what if he's bleeding?

        "Melissa I need to go. I need to go check on him."

        "Okay, be careful." I hang up.

        "Dad I need to go." He nods. I run to my truck with keys in my hand and I drive to the loft.

                =

        Listen to: The last time by Taylor Swift and Gary Lightbody        

I run up the stairs and slide the door open. He was laying on the couch. I let out a breath please be okay.

        I walked over to the couch and gently put my bag on the ground and my keys and phone on the table, quiet enough not to make to much noise.

         I sat on the coffee table. His white tank top had blood on it. I watched him carefully making sure he wasn't waking up. I bit my lip and gently reached over and hesitantly pulling his shirt up to reveal the wound, until he grabbed my wrists.

        He looked at me confused with some anger in his dark eyes.

        "What are you doing?" He asks with a curious tone of voice.

        My mouth hung open for a second thinking of something to say.

        "Having a existential crisis, you?" I respond.

        He raised an eyebrow at me.

        "I wanted to see if you were okay. Melissa called me and told me you were shot." I say not quite meeting his eyes.

         What am I doing?

        He hates me

        Should I just try and convince him to get this taken care of?

        "Why didn't you wake me up?" His eyes are hard, he slowly let go of my wrists and I let go of his shirt. My hands clasp together in front of me, I really just want to hold onto him, I was scared something was gonna lose him. I was terrified he would be in the hospital. I look at him carefully he looks like he hasn't slept in days.