Drifting Bonds

The next day everyone had left and went to school, I had started a new routine of getting up before Scott, and making sure to avoid him and Melissa at all costs unless I had to talk to him mostly because of Stiles because I didn't want to put Stiles in a hard position because Scott was being an ass but today that plan back fired because as soon as I came out of my room Scott was sitting there waiting for me on the steps.

He got up and turned around when he heard me. "Em, can we talk please?"

I shook my head. "No, I have to go to school." I tried to walk past him but he blocked my path.

I stood close to him, my eyes trained down at his chest so I wouldn't have to see his face. 

"Scott move."

"No. We need to talk. I want to talk to you."

"No, we don't, as soon as I can move out, I will then you won't have to worry about me attacking you in your sleep. And... I don't want to talk to you."

I look up at him then back down

"Em that's not what I thought."

I clenched my fist around my back pack strap. "Then what did you think?"

He let's out a sigh. "I thought you let the Dread Doctors kill her."

His words are like a slap to my face. He truly believed I did it. He really believed I just let someone die.

 "You're an asshole." I snap my voice so quiet and hard, I'm surprised how calm I sound. Not at all like my stomach is knotting up and I wanted to scream. "And I hate you, you should've believed me."

I shove past him and march down the stairs and out to my truck. He still hasn't apologized for accusing me, part of him still probably believes I'm guilty. I can't stay here much longer.

=

After this morning, I almost refused when Stiles dragged me along to catch up with Scott and Kira to talk about the memories, because as of now, none of us had felt anything yet.

"What if we need some kind of trigger? Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?" Scott questions.

"Yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" Stiles counters.

I stay back by Stiles, Scott and I still avoiding eye contact. "Maybe you have to wait a couple of hours to see what happens." Scott suggests.

We come to a stop when we notice the electricity suddenly flickering and buzzing, then it stops we all slowly turn and look at Kira. "That wasn't me. I swear." 

 "We keep an eye on each other today, okay?"Scott says.

"Yes, and keep an eye out for eight other potentially homicidal Chimeras."Stiles adds.

"And keep an eye out for the Dread Doctors." Kira continues. Scott looks at me and I just harden my eyes and glare at him, he looks down defeated and places his hand on Kira and then we walk off.

"I'm staring to see the appeal of a third eye." I comment to Stiles.

"Yeah me too."

=

Lucky for me my next class is with Scott, have I mentioned I'm starting to be done with today?

I sat next to Lydia in class like usual but I could see Kira and Lydia exchange a tentative glance, and they looked between Scott and I. I gripped my pen tighter in my hand and looked down at my paper listening to our teacher talk trying to ignore the pang of sadness in my chest for Scott. I miss my brother.