Key Cards

Chapter 8

                I was standing outside of Kate's old place, when she still lived in Beacon Hills. I was 14 at this time. Our family would visit Kate when we had holidays off Allison and I practically begged for them, but then they slowly stopped. I don't even remember why.

    I reach out and I open the door, I walk in the house and it's dark. I glance at the oven clock. It's just a little past midnight.

    I go to look around further, when I suddenly see a fair skinned brunette no more than fourteen coming down the stairs, but the way she carried herself and how quietly she moved. It was clear before I could even see her face. It was me.

    She didn't see me, it's like I wasn't there. She moved quickly and quietly, she didn't want to be caught, but I can't remember why I didn't want to be caught I can't even remember when this was besides my age.

    I followed her, and she was heading toward Kate's garage. She snuck down by Kate's car and hid behind it. Kate was on the phone her back to the car talking quickly.

    "No, it has to be on the full moon, that's when the youngest of the litter's birthday is. Yes. I'm sure. Derek told me, everyone will be there, it's the only way to catch them all at the same time."

    My heart jumped in my throat, this has to be before the Hale fire. I heard it being planned and I never stopped it. How could I forget that?

    Kate moved she was coming over by where my younger self was. I got up and I moved past her without her catching me. Kate hung up the phone and looked where the younger me was standing. Maybe she did catch me.

    I turned to move when suddenly I was standing outside of a bedroom, it was the bedroom Allison and I shared.

    Kate walked past me again like I wasn't there, she went over to where younger me was sleeping soundly.

    "Emily. Emily I need you to wake up." She shook me gently.         

    I opened my eyes. "Kate? What is it?"

          "We are going for a ride, we need to talk, get dressed and don't wake your sister."

          I nodded at Kate and did what she told me. I go to follow Kate but the minute I do. I'm standing the middle of the highway and a car comes running at me, it drives right past me, it's Kate's car

          Suddenly a large creature jumps out from the woods. Kate's car swerves. I realize what the creature it is at it leaps at the car. It's a werewolf. Kate and I were attacked and I didn't remember it.

          The werewolf leaps at the car hitting it, sending it into a tail spin. I hear Kate slam on the breaks trying to stop it. The male werewolf leaps at the car and this time sends it over flipping it. I ran ahead to the accident scene, broken glass was everywhere, I saw a younger me slowly and weakly climb out from the wreckage, blood all over me, glass was stuck inside my body, and Kate climbed out her hair matted cuts all along her face.

          "Emily?" Kate calls weakly.

          "I—I'm- I'm here."

          "Emily don't move."

          "What was that?"

          I was answered by a growl. A large werewolf was staring down at young me it raised its claws and slashed at me I held my arm up and it slashed my arm. I screamed. I watched Kate unholster her gun and fire off a shot at the werewolf. It howled in pain. Kate fired off another shot, it slammed my head down, and then Kate fired a final shot and the werewolf ran off.