Manipulative Tales

Chapter 9

Even though Scott and I have seemed to make progress, Stiles and I have still kept our distance from him. I still have this uneasy feeling. It's been days since Deaton disappeared. Scott and I had to close up the vets office because we had no vet.

Hayden and Corey seemed to be doing fine but they fully avoided us, because of Scott's insistent with stabbing Corey in the neck with his claws.

Stiles, Lydia and I went out to the woods to find the nemeton because that's where Parrish was taking the bodies.

We have been walking around and all of us were getting stressed and frustrated. "It's almost like this thing doesn't want to be found." Stiles comments.

"Maybe it knows we're late for class. Because we've been here twice." I point out as I hold up the chalk, we've been using to mark the trees with.

"Crap." Stiles mumbles.

Lydia and I let out a sigh.

"Can we talk to Parrish now?" Lydia asks in tone that simply means she's done with Stiles today.

"Hang on. If the Nemeton's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?" Stiles suggests.

"Me?" Lydia echoes.

"Yes, you. That's what you do. You're the Banshee you find the bodies." Stiles comments while gesturing at Lydia.

I roll my eyes it's like watching an old married couple.

"Well, the Banshee's having an off day so how about we talk to Parrish?" Lydia suggests again.

"We can't." I answer.

"Why not?"

"Because one of the bodies... One of them...One of them could be.." Stiles trails off and the hair on the back of my neck stands up, is he really going to tell Lydia what happened?

"Could be what?"

"One of them could be a clue." I answer lamely.

"I'm leaving now, guys. I'm going to talk to Parrish and tell him he's the one taking the bodies."

Stiles and I share a pained look, and I let out a sigh.

Lydia backs up in the direction to her car. "It's always better when they know." Lydia points out.

"Well then, he should know he owes me a Jeep." Stiles retorts.

We walk back to the car and head to school.

That was a total waste of time.

+

Stiles and I met up with Theo, I still hated him with every fiber of my being but he knew our secret.

I was already on edge because it was going to be a super moon. Which means extra angry werewolves and just being around Theo's shining personality didn't help my mood one bit.

"You guys are sure that's where Parrish is taking the bodies?" Theo inquires once we tell him what we know.

We walk through the doors of the library and he follows us. "Lydia says that's what happens in his dream." I reply.

"I mean, you know if Lydia finds the Nemeton, she's also going to find Donovan." Theo comments. Stiles and I stop and whirl around to face Theo. I narrow my eyes at him.