Supernatural Book Club

Chapter 6

After our visit at Eichen, a new development happened, holes just like the ones Liam and Mason found in the woods were found all over the lacrosse field, which meant only one thing, new chimeras were coming.

Stiles, Malia and I went to the Sheriffs station to talk to Sheriff about what he knew, he had pictures up on the cork board, I couldn't help the uneasy feeling in my stomach when that grew when I saw Tracy's picture on the wall, with a large red X through it.

"Chimeras." Sheriff mutters.

"Two dead chimeras." Stiles points out.

"And eight new ones." Malia adds.

"So that's 10 in all." I finish.

"I'm thinking maybe 11." Sheriff corrects.

He places a new picture on the board, Stiles and I share a tense look and I can see his face pale a few shades. It's Donovan.

"Our station tech guys confirmed something for me. They said both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic," Sheriff picks up the Dread Doctors book that brought. "You said that these guys..."

Malia cuts him off. "Dread Doctors." She corrects.

"Are we really calling them that?" Sheriff questions.

"So they broke Donovan out?" Malia inquires ignoring Sheriff's previous statement.

"It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?"

Stiles and I look at Donovan's picture again, he's dead because of us. Malia now looks at the picture with us and then moves toward the board."Donovan's a Chimera."

"Yeah." Sheriff answers. But is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?"

I turn and look away from the picture, Stiles stays rooted in his spot where he was standing but looks down at his feet, not adding at all to the conversation.

"If he is, he's probably dead." Malia deadpans.

"Not until I've seen a body." Sheriff states.

"You're uncharacteristically quiet. Actually you both are." Sheriff points out to Stiles and I.

Stiles turns back to look at me. I clear my throat and turn back around. "Sorry." I mutter.

"We're just trying to think about it. Uh....These are all teenagers, right? So, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers?"Stiles poses the question.

"If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that, burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail..." I state.

Sheriff cuts me off. "They couldn't have been chosen at random." He adds finishing my thought.

"They had to have something in common." Malia continues.

"Something that made them right for this experiment." I add.

"Something that made them special." Stiles finishes.

But the question was, what was it?

=

We all agreed to meet and read the book Valeck wrote, and we planned to do it together in case any side effects came up.

We stood around the stacks of the printed books that Kira made. "My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia points out.

"Well,they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." I point out sarcastically.

"That's why Malia's here." She was the only one who read the book.