A Promise To The Dead

Chapter 11
I laid awake next to Derek, watching the rain pour outside. I woke up after a nightmare that scared the hell out of me. It was the night Kate told me and Allison about our family history. I stood there Derek screaming was sounding like gun shots in my head. I tried to move to save him but I was paralyzed. I couldn't move. I wanted to scream out for Kate to stop but I couldn't even speak. I was completely useless. I couldn't protect him. Kate then turned to me with a smirk. "This is your fault."
I jumped in my sleep when I woke up. Derek pulled me tighter against him. "Now I know you're awake." "So are you." He replies. His voice has no trace of sleep. "Did you sleep at all?" "Did you?" "I asked you first." Some couples get matching tattoos, we share sleep deprivation. "No, and I don't think you did either." "Well you might be correct." "You okay? You had another nightmare." "Yeah, I'm fine." "You want to tell me what it's about?" "Nothing I want to think about." Because I don't want to think about you dying. "Are you okay?" I ask. "Yeah, just thinking." "About?" "Can I ask you something?" "Yeah, sure." He sounds off. "Was it worth it?" "Was what worth it?" "Me. Us. Was everything that you gave up and went through because of me, worth it?" I turn my body so I am looking at him. His eyes searching mine."It was completely worth, and I wouldn't change any of it. Even if I could, I wouldn't even think about it." Did he honestly think I would? He gives me a small smile. He wraps his arm around me. I wrap my arm around him my fingers slowly running up and down his back and I feel him relax under my touch. I close my eyes trying to get some sleep. After a few minutes of silence. Derek breaks it. "You tired?" "Nope." "What do you wanna do then?" I get a smirk on my face, that he couldn't see. I kiss his neck once then on the lips softly. "I think I like this idea." He replies with amusement his voice. "Are you sexually frustrated, Derek?" "Depends if I answer honestly will I get slapped?" "No." "Then yeah, big time." I smile. He leans over me and kisses me, slowly deepening it. He pulled back his forehead resting against mine. I put my hands on his chest then I lean over him my hair falling all to one side. I kiss him and he kisses me back. His hand grips the fabric of my shirt which is actually his dark blue one. Then the alarm blares.
"The universe just does not want me to get laid." I mutter as I get off Derek and grab my shotgun while Derek grabs his black hand held gun one. We both stand up looking around to see what triggered the alarm. I walked toward the windows looking out them, seeing nothing but the rain.
I looked toward the door and I saw the shadow of feet under it. I looked at Derek and nodded my head at the door. I raised my gun and Derek walked toward the door and put a hand on the door handle. I held my breath ready to face whatever threat awaited us. I stood to the side of the door He locked eyes with me before quickly opening the door, He jumped back next to me standing slightly in front of me. We lowered our guns when we saw the threat to be Lydia. She was soaked head to toe from the rain outside. Then she let out a loud ear piecing scream. A Banshee scream, and they scream to signal someone was gonna die.
When she stopped screaming. I called her name. "Lydia!" She let out a gasp breaking out of her trance. "Lydia, you screamed." She stood their panting when she looked at me, she knew what I knew. Derek was going to die, just like she predicted.
"I'll take you back to your car." She nods slowly. I grab my jeans and pull them over my black shorts then pull up my black combat boots and when know one is looking slip my sliver .45 into my waistband. Then pull my green army jacket over my shirt and walk with Lydia.
We walk down the stairs in silence the only sound is of our feet pounding on the stairs. "Em, I-" "Lydia, don't say anything. I'm not mad." "That's not what I'm about-" "Lyd, I know you were just trying to protect me." "We seem to forgot, you don't need to be protected." I let out a small laugh. "We knew you wanted to protect him." She adds. "He doesn't need to be protected, from anyone. Maybe I was mad that I couldn't stop anyone else I love from dying." My voice cracks over the last part. My hands start shaking and I can't stop them. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I let out a shaky breath trying to stop myself from crying. "I act like I know what I'm doing, and that I can protect everyone, but I can't. And it scares the hell out of me, that he might die, and I can't stop it." My lip quivers and my breaths become even shakier and then I can't stop myself from letting tears fall down my face. Lydia stops me from walking and pulls me into a tight embrace. I hug her back and my body shakes in silent sobs. "Shh." Lydia whispers. She rubs my back in a soothing matter. I finally calm down. I wipe my eyes. "Hey, I'm really sorry, for not telling you. I knew I should've." "It's okay."
I walk back up the stairs and I reach for the door handle but something stops me. I could just stay out here and keep guard. I decide to pull my gun out of my waistband and sit on the steps holding the gun tightly in my hand. The door slides open and I duck the gun behind my back while spinning around coming face to face with Derek. "What are you doing?" He asks. "I..." "Are you keeping a look out?" "Yeah, you should go back to sleep." "I wasn't sleeping." "Well you should be." He steps closer to me uncrossing his arms. "Have you been crying?" He asks. I wipe my face with my sleeve. "No." "I can tell when you're lying, I never had to listen to your heartbeat rising. You have a tell." "What is it?" I ask. "You never look me in the eyes, when you lie, you do for a split second then you look away then look back." "Observant." He puts a hand on my waist and slides it toward my waistband. His eyes not leaving mine. He knows I took my gun. He slides his hands under my shirt staying on my waist but this time he grabs my gun. Then holds it out in front of me. "This isn't on safety." "I know." "Why?" "I can't sleep so I figured I do something useful." He nods. He walks away then comes back with a shirt on and black sneakers. "Come on." He says starts walking. "What are you doing?" I ask in a completely baffled voice. "We are going for a walk until one of us can't stand up." "I hate your ideas." "I know." I roll my eyes but follow anyway. He puts his arm around my neck and we start walking. "This idea doesn't completely suck." I mutter.
I go to school and I sit behind Lydia, next to me is Kira and in front of her is Malia. "Lydia, Lydia look. I passed." Malia says excitedly waving her math paper in front of her, I look down at my own paper and it has a B on it. "C minus." Lydia says slightly cheery her and I have both been kind of quiet today. "Your notes are great when they're not written in code." Malia says grinning widely. Finstock comes up and slaps a paper on her desk. "Disappointed, Malia. Profoundly disappointed." Malia sends a pained glance at Lydia. "I'll send you my notes." Lydia looks at the board. The way she looks at it, seems like something is off. I stare down at my notebook, I can't really concentrate, but Derek being Derek makes me go to this hell hole, even in mortal peril. I also have a game tomorrow, that my dad is coming to so maybe I can talk to him, but I doubt that. We have nothing to talk about anymore, it's filled with long and awkward pauses. But he promised he would pick me up and bring me to the game. I tap my pencil nervously on my notebook. My hands are starting to shake again. Kira leans her head over by me and Lydia. "It's over. The computers are off. No more assassins. No more murders. No one's dying." I feel myself go hollow at her words. She has no clue. "Not yet." I say softly.
I was sitting at home studying when there was a knock on my window. I went over and opened it. It was Derek sitting up on the roof. "Hey, how did you get up here?" "Drain pipe." "Ah." I smile. "What are you doing here?" "I had to make myself scarce." "Why Peter finally getting laid?" He just gives me a horrified look. "That's not even funny." "It is a little." "Nope. Pretty sure not." I sit down on my bed and he comes over to join me. His eyes get wide. "What happened to your lip?" He asks. "Nothing. Why?" "You're bleeding." I touch my finger to my lip and there is blood on it. Why the hell is my lip bleeding. I then get a sharp pain in my head and my hand goes to my face and I wince in pain. "Em, what's wrong?" "I don't know." I groan out.
The next day, Stiles, Liam and I walked into the locker room. "Everything's fine. I got a text from him this morning, he said he might be a little late." Stiles says. "Well, how late it late? Is he always late? We're playing Davenport prep again and this time it's an actually game. He... He shouldn't be late." Liam says going into a panic. "Who shouldn't be late?" Finstock asks. Oh great. Stiles and Liam look at me. I let out a sigh. "Scott and Kira." I reply. "They might be slightly late." Stiles adds. Coach starts stammering. "Slightly late. Is still late. What are they doing?" I look at Stiles does he want to explain this one to Coach? Scott and Kira are on a date and they might be late because they are having adult fun. "They're doing something that will make them slightly late." I say. "What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing the first game?" I scratch my neck nervously. "Well, uh, Coach they.. uh. Stiles! Wanna take this one?" I ask. Stiles, Liam and I share a look. "Oh, Coach."
Stiles, Liam and I sit together on the bench. I tap my fingers nervously on my leg and keep checking my watch. My dad was supposed to pick me up from the house to drive me to the game, but I had to call Derek to pick me up because he never showed up. He wouldn't just not show up would he? Stiles looks back in the stands. "Why is he here?" He asks while nodding his head to a very uncomfortable Derek standing off to the side. "He wanted to come since he didn't watch the first one because we were fighting. And he's my ride, since my dad was a no show." "He didn't come?" "Nope." "You know he still loves you right?" "I'm not sure." "You should be." "I should but I'm not."
"There still not here." Liam states. "Okay, what's really going on? Are you nervous about the full moon? It's not for another 24 hours, you don't have to worry." I ask. Liam sends a look up to the moon, which is almost full. "Liam, you're gonna be fine. Okay? Just try not to rage out on anyone." Stiles says. "You two aren't worried?" Liam asks. "We're mildly concerned." I state. "Mildly." Stiles adds. He pulls out my phone, while I pull out mine. I type a text to Scott.
Where are you??? How late are you going to be? You can't be that horny! Seriously get your little werewolf ass here!!!
-Em
"We're gonna lose without him." Liam states, give him a scarf and he could be Isaac with his persist negativity. "No, we're not. We can be just as good without Scott, we have Em and I've been practicing. Let me tell you something. I'm getting good. Really good." Boy was that a lie.
I was sitting on the bench watching because I was gonna be used if we started losing that way I could help put some point on the board fast. Dad still didn't show out. I bit my lip and got up from the bench and went over to Derek. "Have you seen my dad?" "No, he still hasn't shown up?" "No, and I know he wouldn't just leave." "We checked the apartment." "Yeah, he wasn't there and his automatic was gone. And where the hell is Scott?" "Scott's at my loft. And we can go see if he's home yet." "Okay, wait why is Scott at your place?" "He's on his date with Kira, that's where he's been." "You left a 17 year old boy and a girl alone?" "Yes." "Why?" "It's a date." "Did you plastic wrap your couch or strip your sheets?" "No why would I do that." "Scott and Kira are alone in your loft." "So?" I put a hand on his shoulder. "Boss, I love you, but you don't understand why Scott and Kira being left alone at your place is a bad idea." "Scott wouldn't do anything." "He and my sister did it in the back of her car in the middle of the woods." "Scott... Come on." He starts walking away. "Where are we going?" "To burn my couch." "Sounds like fun."
We drive in the car and I decide to call Peter, because he seems to know everything. "Hello?" "Have you seen my dad?" "No, why would I have seen your father?" "Because you seem to know everything. So do you have any idea where he is?" "No, bye." He hangs up. That was odd.
We drive up to the loft and I bang on the door. "Scott? Kira?" No answer. I knock again. "Scotty?" Derek and I share a look. We pull the door open. There is a huge hole in the windows. I cover my mouth with my hand to muffle my gasp. There's blood everywhere. "What the hell happened?" I ask. We hear footsteps coming behind us. We turn around to see Stiles and Mr. Stilinski coming up the steps. "It was supposed to be a date." Derek informs us. "They were both here?" Stilinski asks. "And they're both gone." I reply. Stiles phone vibrates. "Hey." Stiles says. He puts the phone on speaker. "Scott's been taken." "And Kira too, we just don't know where." Stiles replies. "Mexico. And if you wanna save his life that's where you're going too." Deaton says.
I guess we are going to Mexico again. And I really hate Mexico.
Okay so the next update will seriously murder my feels. I am not kidding.
There was some fluff which is always nice, I can't believe there is only two chapters left until I am done with this season. I must say I loved how much Emily has grown up and changed over these last couple of seasons.
And I must say this also Lydia and Emily are so adorable. Okay so I don't know what else to say about this chapter besides I love it and I hope you like it
I love you all and I hope you are having a awesome weekend.
Comment, Vote, Follow :)