Voices of The Past

Chapter 7

"After entering the IP address, you will be connected to a darknet portal to an untraceable bank account. Once logged in, enter you're account number to receive wire transfer. The IP number will deactivate with each transfer. You'll be assigned a new IP address if you chose to continue down the list. Remember visual confirmation is always required for payment."  Said the cassette that had the words 'Play Me' written across it from Garret's bag.

        Stiles hit the pause button. I sat cross legged in between Scott and Stiles as we were in a half circle. "Either of you made a wire transfer?" Stiles inquires.

         "Never had enough money." Scott replies.

        "So you didn't understand a word of that?" I ask.

        "I don't understand any of this." Scott admitts.

        "Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?" I cut in.

         "Someone wants you both dead badly, guys." Stiles responds looking between us. Scott started pushing the bag under his bed.

        "Whoa, what are you doing?" Stiles questions.

         "It's late. We've got the PSATs tomorrow morning." Scott answers.

        "I think he means the money." I say sending a glance to Scott.

        "Yeah, the $500,000. You know how much money that is."

        "It's $500,000." Scott answers.

        "It's half a million dollars, Scotty." I mutter while running a hand over my face to my hair fighting off fatigue.

         Stiles nodded at me then looked at Scott. "What are you going to do with it? Just slide it under your mattress?"

        "I say we give it back to the original owners of it." I say in a 'duh' tone.

        "You mean Peter and Derek." Stiles corrects.

        "What's with the emphasis on Peter's name?" I ask.

        "It means we should proceed with caution." Stiles answers.

        "You don't think we should tell Derek?" Scott questions his best friend.

         "No. No, no of course not we have to tell him, I'm just... I'm just saying some of that money's Peter's right?" Stiles responds.

         "Yeah, so?" I ask not getting the big deal.

         "Peter. Homicidal killer. Remember? You guys want to give half a million dollars to that guy?" Stiles inquires increadously.

        "We should give Derek his money but not Peter?" Scott asks confused trying to understand Stiles' statements.

         "I didn't say that." Stiles corrects.

        "Then what are you saying?" I snap, I am really freaking tired.

        I stopped and thought about this for a minute, Peter's name wasn't on the list, did that make him the Benefactor?

        If he was then why would he want to kill Derek his nephew?

         Malia his daughter and me?

         He liked us, in his way of liking people.

        So why would he send out a coded dead list?