Monsterous

Chapter 11

I ran out onto the lacrosse field my sword stuck securely to my waist. It was pouring rain and I was running as fast as I could, to keep up. I had to protect Brett.

An arrow was shooting straight at them. I ran ahead and cut the arrow in half before it hit them. "Run!" I screamed turning to look back at Brett and the little girl. A arrow came whizzing at me but this time Kira stopped it. "Thanks Yukimura." "Don't mention it Argent." Another arrow came and Kira and I took turns cutting the arrows in half. A normal human would not be able to do this but somehow just like the lacrosse ball, I can slow them down in mind enough to cut them. Both of us looking at each other. Hopefully giving them time to run. We let out swords go to our sides.

We caught up to Brett and the little girl which I learned her name is Lori, we found the rest of the pack and brought them to Deaton's to keep them safe for now.

Scott came rushing in and Kira went rushing out. Kira brought Scott out to see Satomi. Satomi kept sending glances my way. "Em you okay?" He asks. I nod slowly. "Satomi this is the one we were telling you about." I say. "I know who Scott McCall is." Lori looked up at Scott. "Are we safe here?" She asks. Scott looks at all the wolves beaten and bruised in desperate need of help. Scott looks at Kira and I. "We're gonna need some help. A lot of help."

I called Derek and then I thought of a place where the pack would be safe and I knew the building my family owned would be big enough and secure enough so that's where we end up taking the pack.

We go to the building when Brett rushes forward. Scott and I chase after him when he's growling right at my dad, who has a gun raised. "Brett wait! This is my dad, this is his place!" Brett backs down and walks away to stand back next to the rest of his pack. "Scott, Emily... If you're gonna bring guest, you could have called." "We didn't have anywhere else to take them." Scott replies. Satomi steps forward. "I know this man. He may not remember, but we've met before." "You can trust him." I say. "I trust him." Scott adds. "How do we know he's not like the others." Satomi replies. "Because he's like me. We don't hunt we protect." I reply. "What others?" Dad asks. "Last night there was a whole team after them. And they used crossbows." Kira replies and hands dad the arrow. "They're hunters aren't they?" Scott asks "Not if they're killing for profit. Not anymore." Dad replies. So that's where we draw the line. "Can they find us?" Brett asks. "They might already know you're here. Maybe they're waiting for dark." "So we're not safe here?" Kira asks. "We're not safe anywhere." Satomi corrects. "We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us." She adds. "If they're coming, Scott, Emily, they're coming for you too. Scott's still number one on the deadpool." Dad says. "We know. We also know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith. She just needs more time." I reply. "Then that's what she'll get."

I found out Meredith is the Benefactor and and Brunski tried to kill Stiles and Lydia, I knew they were both alive thanks to Melissa keeping me in the loop, but I was still worried. What if Lydia couldn't get the answer out of her? Would the deadpool keep going until everyone was dead.

I grabbed the case in the back of my truck and opened it with a pop. I let out a breath. I picked up my bow and arrow, I haven't fired it in months but it still felt right in my hands. I grabbed my quiver of arrows and attached it to my back, I pulled my hair into a braid. And strung the arrow. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned my head. Derek and Braeden came. Derek's eyes got wide in shock when he saw the bow in my hand. "Argent's back." He says with a small smile. I gave him one back. Scott walked up to us. "They'll be okay." He assures us. "They've got claws and fangs but they're not fighters." Derek replies and starts walking. "Being slightly positive won't kill you, I promise." I comment sarcastically. "That's why we called you." Scott adds. "Well, try to remember, I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." "That's why he called me." Braeden adds. "Am I the only one still hoping this is just a false alarm." I put a hand on Kira's shoulder. "Probably." "I mean it's possible. We could wait all night and nothing happens. Right?" She adds. "Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden asks. "Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott replies. "What is there is no stopping? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" Brett asks. Nobody wants to be positive today. No one says anything for a minute until Derek speaks up. "Then let's send a message. Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters or just an amateur who picked up a gun." He stops to gesture with the gun. "Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our deadpool." He adds. Braeden cocks her shotgun. I smile proudly at Derek, he really has changed. He used to not care about anyone, now he is willing to risk his life for strangers.

Derek loads his gun while I count my arrows and I send him a glance with a smile. "What?" He asks. "I'm just proud of you." He cocks a eyebrow at me. "You just changed a lot." "Maybe you just rubbed off on me." "I don't think so." "You ready?" He asks. "Are you? I mean you remember to watch your back, remember how many shots you fired." He puts a hand on my shoulder. "I got it, I had a good teacher. Even if her main goal was to kick my ass." I smile at him, then we here a beeping, the motion sensors are going off. "They're coming!" Dad calls. Derek and I share a look, it's time to fight for our lives.

Smoke grenades go flying into the air. "GET BACK!" I yell. The gun fire starts and I duck down for protection and Derek I pull Derek down with me. They starts firing at us. I duck and roll and I pull back the string (slow motion) And I let it fly it hits a hunter right in the chest, not killing him but injuring him. Derek's firing his gun and I keep a eye on him, while also trying to watch my own back. I fire more and more arrows. Dad is firing his own automatic with Braeden, Kira uses her sword, and Scott goes werewolf on all their asses.

A gun is aimed at Kira and she doesn't see it. "Kira duck!" I yell. She ducks I pull back and fire, hitting my target every time. At some point Derek and I were back to back firing. "How many are there?" He yells. "You honestly wanna know, right now? You want me to stop shooting and ask?" I yell back. "No!" "Then shut the hell up and shoot!" That ended the conversation quickly. The only thing you could hear was the sound of footsteps, gun fire and the roars of Scott. I just hoped everyone makes it out alive and this will somehow end.

I ran out of arrows so I was using my bow in a different way. I tilted my bow using it as a shield and slamming it into a hunter's face and knocking him down. I repeated that motion on another but he didn't go down that easy. He fell down so I took my bow placed the string under his neck then slamming my fist into his face. I took the string from under his neck and picked up a broken arrow and stabbed a guy in the leg, then punching the wound making him groan, I punched him in the throat which made his hands go to it then punching him in the face knocking him back. I heard the girl Lori. "Brett? Brett where are you?" A gunmen was walking right towards her he was about to pull the trigger. I ran at him tackling him to the ground. I take the gun from his hand and slam it into his head then chest. "Lori run!" I yell. He took the time while I was distracted to kick me down on the ground and slam my head on the ground. Causing me to groan loudly, He picks up his gun about to shoot me in the head.

When Scott comes in and tackles the guy off of me. He slams him onto the table and starts clawing at him widely. Then he rips off the guy's helmet then keeps clawing. Lori starts whimpering in the corner. I go over to her and grab her arms. "Go hide now!" She nods then runs off.

Cell phones starts buzzing. It was a text from the Benefactor. 'All Contacts Terminated'

The fighting stops and we all step out. I find Derek and we're both fine. I look at Dad and he is okay, which fill me with relief. "Is it over?" I ask. No one knew but I hoped to God that it was

Okay so Promise to the dead is next and you have no idea how excited I am for that, there is gonna be a pretty good amount of Emerek fluff and Stemily fluff (Stiles and Emily) And Elydia (Emily and Lydia) I'm really excited for it then the season finale is so jammed back with ideas that I have it's not even funny. And when I wrote it I cried a little bit. So I am extremely excited and I can't even believe that I have only three chapters left then I'm done with this season, and I love you all for reading the stories and Emily loves you all :)

That's all for now

Comment, Vote, Follow :)

Bye!! :)