The Simple Feeling of Heartache

Chapter 5

Lydia told us about the deadpool the hit list of every supernatural creature in Beacon Hills. My name was on the list I was worth 7 million, Scott was 25 million, Lydia was 20 million and Derek was 15 million. Also Kira was on the list for 6 million. Scott, Stiles and I started explaining everything to Papa Stilinski.

        “So,the Walcot's were first. At least the first we know about. Four murders, Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, military tomahawk.” Stiles starts.

         “But The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine.” I add.

        “Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside of his car. And then last night 23-year-old Carrie Hudson.” Stiles continues.

        “It's a deadpool, a hit list of supernatural creatures.” Scott finishes.

        I pull out part of the list that was in my pocket and put it on the desk.

        “That's only part of it.” I explain.

        “The rest still has to be decoded.” Scott adds.

        “Who found this list?” Sheriff inquires.

        “Lydia.” Stiles answers.

        “How?” Sheriff asks.

         “She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it. Without realizing it.” Stiles replies.

        “Banshee?”

       “Banshee.” I reply.

        “Beautiful,” Sheriff mutters under his breath. “All right what are these numbers next to the names?”

        “We're getting to that. First you need to know that the list was broken, with a cipher key.” I respond.

        “Wait. You mean like a... Like a key word.”

         “It's actually a name.” Stiles replies.

        “Allison.” I say softly the lump growing in my throat with sadness thick in my voice. Tear prickle in my eyes. It's the first time I've said her name in a month.

         Scott and I look down. Stiles and Sheriff send us sympathetic looks. I snap out it. We need to focus.

        “Her name broke the third of the list.” Stiles cuts in.

        “And we think there's two other cipher keys.” Scott adds.

        “Which will give us the rest of the names. Okay so how do we get the cipher keys?” Sheriff asks.

         “Same way we got the list. Lydia. She been at the lake house all weekend. Trying to find the other two keys.” Scott replies.

        We looked at the crime scene photos.

        “You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie. Hmm? What about these other two names on the list? Uh, Kayleen Betcher and Elias Town. They werewolves too?”

         “I don't know. But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here.” Scott answers.

        “Here behing Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000.”