Supernatural Build A Bear

Chapter 4

How did this happen? How did I let it happen? I was supposed to protect this girl, and she got killed because I couldn't stop those men in the masks. I thought that if I was stronger I could fight them.

Malia rises up on her feet looking down while I still stay crouched down next to Tracy.

I hear rapid foot falls,I jump up from next to Tracy and turn around to see, Scott, Stiles,Sheriff and Deaton all entering the basement.

"It wasn't us," is the first thing that comes out of Malia's mouth while she holds her hands out to show her innocence.

I look at them, who I can't help but notice they cast glances at Malia. "She's not lying it wasn't us, something else did this." I add.

I can't help but notice Scott's eyes when he casts a glance to my cross bow, and the arrow lodged in Tracy's shoulder, with my dagger on the ground.

He looks at me then rushes down next to Tracy's body.

"What the hell happened to her?" Sheriff demands looking at Malia and I, while Deaton goes to Tracy with Scott.

"There were these people. They had masks. Um, there...there were three of them. I think there were three." Malia explains in a rush her voice still thick from the shock of what has happened I try to steady myself. I don't speak yet.

"What are you talking about?" Stiles asks gently, confusion plastered on his face.

"They--they were strong, Stiles. They had a weapon. Stiles, we didn't do this I swear." I stammer, please believe us.

"Okay." Stiles says nodding believing us. Tears of relief run down my cheeks.

"She's not changing back. We need to get her out of here." Deaton informs.

"What, hey. Absolutely not. This is a crime scene. We call the coroner." Sheriff argues.

"I think the coroner might be very confused by this girl's severed reptilian tail." Deaton points out.

"I don't care."Sheriff snaps.

"You should. Unless you're prepared to hold a press conference announcing the presence of supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills." Deaton retorts.

"Sheriff he's right."I cut in.

"Maybe at the clinic we can figure out how to change her back, then call the coroner?" Scott suggests.

"There's-- there's a line... There is a line that we have to draw." Sheriff stammers.

"Dad, you've already crossed it. More than once." Stiles points out to his father.

We all have.

"Sheriff, please. Let me help. I've dealt with things like this before." Deaton offers.

Sheriff shakes his head fighting the morals he's about to be letting go of. "Just do it fast."

Scott and Deaton lift up Tracy's body and take her away.

=

We all drove to the hospital, because they brought Lydia in for surgery. I shouldn't have left her.

I stood pacing waiting for Melissa to come inform us on Lydia's condition. Scott went to get Liam and inform him on what he missed.

"Stiles, Em."Melissa's voice sounds from behind us.

I stop pacing and come stand next to Stiles.

"How bad is it?"Stiles and I ask at the same time.