The Destruction of Friendship

Stiles and I were walking down the hall, Malia was walking towards us not seeing us though she was lost in a trance. Stiles and I jogged up to her. Stiles grabbed her arm. "Malia? Hey. Hey what happened?" I ask.

Malia's eyes are filling with tears. "I hate this. I hate losing like this. I'm not like you. I can't deal with another body. Another failure." She walks away from us.

Stiles own face grows somber. I put my hand on his shoulder. I know that face all too well, it's that hopless feeling that he was losing her.

+

After what Malia told us. It was only a matter of time before the hellhound would come and collect the body. We knew Lydia was with Parrish and she didn't need to be around him when he took an abrupt moment to burst into flames, run naked through Beacon Hills and collect this one. So Stiles took his phone out and called her. "Lydia for the love of God answer your phone. There's another dead Chimera," I took the phone from Stiles hand.

"So right now is probably not a great time to be alone with Parrish when he suddenly becomes absent minded and absent of clothes to pick up a body. If he's coming for the body you can't get in his way. Do not get in his way." I hang up and hand the phone back to Stiles.

We continue to march down the halls where I take my turn and call Lydia.

+

We went to the animal clinic to catch up with Liam, Hayden, Scott and Theo.

It was pouring down rain, when we climbed out. Scott was standing outside.

"Hey sorry we took so long. His Jeep was barely hanging on." I explain.

Scott just stood there. "We couldn't get in touch with Malia or Lydia." Stiles adds.

Scott just stands there and doesn't say anything. "Scott?" Stiles prods.

Our friend looks down and reaches into his jacket and pulls out two objects. My dagger, and Stiles' wrench.

The thunder rumbles. I look at my dagger. "Where did you get those?" I ask.

"These are yours?"

I look down and then I reach for my dagger and Stiles reaches for his wrench.

Stiles licks his lips nervously.

"Why didn't you tell me? Either of you?" He knows about Donovan.

"We were going to." Stiles answers.

"Why didn't you tell me when it happened?"

I stare down at my dagger in my hand. "We couldn't." I answer softly I couldn't even look at him.

"You killed him? You killed Donovan? You just let him die?" His question hits like a punch to the face. Yes we did.

"Well, he was going to kill my dad and Em. Huh? Was I supposed to just let him?" Stiles fires back.

"You weren't supposed to do this." I look down, tears welling in up in my eyes. "None of us are."

"You think we had a choice? Do you even know the full story?" I snap.

"There's always a choice."

"Yeah, well, I can't do what you can, Scott, we both can't Em is still human. We know you wouldn't have done it. You probably would've just figured something out, right?" Stiles retorts.

"I'd try." Scott agrees.

How could he not even ask us the story? Stiles saved my life, Donovan was going to kill me right there.

"Scott just hear us out, you don't know what happened. Give us a second to explain." I step forward some and Scott steps back from me.

"He doesn't have to because he's Scott McCall! He's the true Alpha! Guess what Scott? All of us can't be true Alphas. Some of us have to make mistakes. Some of us have to get our hands a little bloody to protect people sometimes. Some of us are human!" Stiles screams.

"So you had to kill him?" I stand there completely stunned at his question. He doesn't want to hear us out. His mind is already made up.

"Scott he was going to kill us, and Stiles' dad." I cut in. My voice taking on a plea.

"But the way that it happened... There's a point when it's.... It's not self-defense anymore!" Scott retorts.

"What are you talking about? We didn't have a choice, Scott! You can't even try to believe us or hear us out. You know nothing of what happened! You don't even believe us, do you?" I snap.

"I want to." Scott mutters.

"Okay all right....so. So believe us then." Stiles pleads.

Scott looks down, he can barely look at us. He's looking at us like he's trapped in a corner.

"Scott say you believe us, we are you're best friends." I plea my voice grows thick tears falling down my face.

He doesn't respond.

"Say it. Say you believe us." Stiles pleads.

"Guys, we can't kill people that we're trying to save." He says finally.

I step forward the dagger still in my hand aimed at the ground. "Say you believe us." I plead.

Scott backs away from me.

My heart shatters. "We can't kill people! Do you believe that?" Scott yells.

Stiles looks like he's ready to break. "Well, what do we do about this? What do you want us to do?" Stiles questions his voice growing thick.
"Okay, just be... Scott just tell us how to fix this, all right? Please, just tell me, what do you want us to do?" I ask my voice cracks.

I'm losing him and I can't stop it.

"Don't worry about Malia or Lydia. We'll find them. Maybe uh...Maybe you should talk to the Sheriff."

"Scott don't do this please." I plead. As he turns his back on us.

"Scott!" I call again he keeps walking. "Allison would've believed us." I call. "She would've believed her sister, like you were supposed too." 

He stops dead in his tracks. "I'll be gone by tonight." He turns to look back at me, and I feel something inside me snap.

We stand there and stare at each other all three of us feeling the large divide form, we were inseparable, the trio, we faced everything together, we were the three people who would never turn on each other and we just did. We lost our brother.

Scott goes inside. Stiles and I stand in the pouring rain for a moment longer. Now all we had was each other. Scott turned his back on us. Our pack fell apart. Stiles grabs my hand and we walk back to the Jeep the rain still pouring on us but I couldn't even feel it anymore the only thing I could feel was my heart breaking because I just lost my family again.

X

The unbreakable bond has just been broken

I don't know what else to say to this, this was hard to write

Comment, Vote, Follow