Never a Dull Moment

Chapter 10

I sat in my room doing five different things all at the same time. I was cleaning and taking apart my gun on the floor, then I was adjusting the scope on my crossbow at the desk then looking at every photo album I had to find something to trigger the Bivio. But every photo I looked at didn't help. I was tense not able to sit down and relax. My leg was shaking when I tried so I continued to rotate at my stations of activities and tried to fight having a panic attack everything was making me jump not the best way to try to focus a scope on a crossbow but I had to do something before I lost it. 

         My phone went off. It was a text from Stiles. The officer that tazed Derek also tried to set Parrish on fire because he was on the deadpool. But he lived. So that begs the question what the hell is he? It also got Papa Stilinski shot in the process. Never a dull moment around here. 

              =

       Lydia, Scott and I met up at Derek's loft. We all circled around Derek and Parrish, He was turning his hands over and looking up and down his hands and arms. There were no burns or scars. 

          "He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asks.

          "It's the hair and nails isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead." Lydia comments.

          "Well, they should be gone." Derek retorts.  

          Parrish points to himself. "I was set on fire all of me should be gone." Parrish states nervously, it's not everyday you are sent on fire and live, unless your Peter. But that's another story. 

        "Not if you're like us." I point out coolly,  with my arms folded over my chest. 

         "Like you?" Parrish repeats baffled at my words. 

         "I don't think he's like us." Derek replies tilting his head to look at me. I shrug. 

           "Then what is he?" Lydia questions. 

             "Sorry, but I have no idea." Derek admits. 

           "But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott points out. 

             "This is a little out my experience. There might be something in the bestiary." He then looks toward me. "Have you talked to your dad?" 

         "He and I don't really talk, he's been off the grid for a couple days. I don't know where he is." I reply then look down and bite my lip, Derek sends me a sympathetic look. 

        "Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary?" Parrish cuts in already sounding frazzled. "Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are you all like Lydia? Are you all physic?" I rise a eyebrow at him. 

          He thinks Lydia is physic, boy this is not gonna be easy to explain. 

            "Physic?" I reiterated.  I then shoot a look to Scott. 

           "Not exactly." Scott tells him. Scott looks at Derek asking for permission to revel us all. Derek nods. Scott closes his eyes then opens them glowing a bright red. Well this is gonna end well. 

                                       =

            "What's a Kanima?" Parrish asks.

               Why is everyone stuck on him? He was a lizard with paralytic toxins that was controlled by a crazy old guy move on.

             "Have you seen the new Spiderman movies with Andrew Garfield? That's the roid rage version of a Kanima and if you haven't we'll get back that." I say with sigh.