Eight

A/N: So I decided to put this one up since this fic hit 700 tonight.
Enjoy! (p.s. I've written all the way to a 13th chapter!)

~Mel Xx

8.

*Addison*

      Clicking down the stairs the next morning, I grabbed my leather jacket that i'd washed after Scott left. As I adjusted the peach skirt of my dress, I thought about what Scott had said last night. He was right, I wasnt being as careful as I needed to be.

      "I'll see you at the station." Dad jogged past me in uniform, taking a moment to kiss my forehead before running to the door, "Love you!"

      "Love you, too!" I called, Dad disapearing and his car frantically driving away. He was just slightly late, and it was moments like that when he and Stiles were undeniably the same.

      Grabbing my bag from the living room, an unsettling breeze brushed over my pale legs. I dropped my bag and slowly reached for my knife strategically in a band around my right thigh. I pulled at the hilt, shoving whoever it was against the wall.

      "Jesus Christ!" I shouted, backing off, returning my knife under my dress.

      Derek smirked and stood up from the wall, "Sorry."

      "There's this thing called knocking, Derek. It does this really cool thing where I don't pull out a knife on you."

      Derek shook his head, pulling at the sleeve of his slightly crumpled leather jacket, "I think it's funnier." He defended, picking up my school bag from the floor for me. "Come on, you'll be late if you keep trying to kill me."

      I snatched my bag from his grasp. "Next time I will just kill you." I mumbled, walking out the front door and locking it after Derek.

      "I can't say I believe you." Derek countered, opening the passenger's side door for me.

      I hesitantly slid into the car, the door shutting after me.

      "How'd your scheme go last night?" Derek asked, dropping himself into the driver's seat.

      "Eh," I grunted, recalling what Scott had figured out, "Not as well as I hoped, honestly."

      "Big, bad hunter make a mistake?" He teased, smoothly driving his car towards the high school.

      "Oh shut up. It's only because I said a point in a movie that was too far for it to be right. Scott's seen that movie with me a thousand times." I defended, playing with the hem of my dress absently.

      Derek drummed on his steering wheel casually, "I saw that picture when you called him, are, uh," He shifted awkwardly, "Are you two together or something?"

      I laughed lightly and shook my head, "No, no, he's more like a brother than anything." I narrowed my eyes as we drove, his question making me curious. Why did that matter to him? "So, have you heard from Scott and Stiles?"

      "Nothing so far," Derek replied, turning on to the street of the high school. "Something wrong?"

      "Well, when Scott showed up, he didn't bring Stiles." I said with a huff, "He was there with Mathis. He probably told him everything! Even more than I know! I-"

      "Wait, what?" Derek stopped me, "More than you know?"

     "My mom left me these letters, but i've only been able to open two of the three." I explained, seeing the school come in to view, "They explain things about hunting and who to contact and then about having to take extra protection due to eclipse, things like that."