Seventy-Two

A/N: I've got my Julius Caesar recitation memorized finally xxx -Melissa

72.

*Addison*

 "Everything you've ever dreamed of?" I managed to find Isaac quickly, his navy shirt familiar to me.

"You could say that." Isaac had to raise his voice a little, the music thumping through the house.

"Here." I held out a beer to him in a blue cup that matched mine. "I saved you some of the better kind. All we have left is a keg of domestic that Lydia isn't too happy with."

Laughing a little, he took the drink from me. "Last time I drank anything was with Rose and you when we were like, fourteen."

For some reason, it felt easier to talk about her.

I grinned, remembering exactly when that was. "You passed out after one beer and we drew on your face."

"It was only eyeliner but you let me think that it was sharpie for two hours." He said, smiling as he brought his cup to his lips.

Rosalie wanted to do sharpie but I made her use eyeliner because of Isaac's dad.

"You were so mad at us." I said, waving to a couple of lacrosse players that had called my name. I had to get on with my personal plan of the evening. "I'll come grab you when it's time."

Isaac nodded, parting from me to venture the party.

"There's out Homecoming Queen!" Danny cheered, pulling me into a hug as I reached the pool.

Echoing Danny, most of the off season-lax team cheered for me.

Getting a good song on, Danny made me dance with him while the lacrosse team grabbed their own girls.

"Having a good time?" He asked, spinning me out.

Laughing as I was pulled back to him in time to the music, I nodded. "Of course. It's the weekend and we've got decent beer."

Danny liked my answer, a smile coming across his face. "Did you hear there's supposed to be a lunar eclipse tomorrow?"

"Is there?" I asked, glancing to his wrist to see if he was still wearing the bracelet I gave him.

"Yeah." Danny was surely wearing it. "I think it's supposed to be a big deal."

I furrowed my eyebrows a little, "Why do you say that?"

As the song came to a close, Danny kissed my forehead before leaning to my ear. Whispering in close proximity, he hesitated before pulling away. "Just be careful." He said, walking off to go back into the house.

Watching after him, I wondered how I hadn't noticed before.

"Trouble sweetheart?" Mathis came up next to me, pulling my attention. Lifting an eyebrow at me, he sipped on his drink.

"No, it's nothing." I picked up my drink for where I set it to dance. It was quick, but I emptied my cup. "What do you think of the party?"

Mathis laughed a little, looking around. "Are they all like this?"

I nodded, setting the empty cup back down. "But I'm surprised that no one-"

"In you go!" Across from us a blonde was picked up and thrown into the pool that I'd doused with holy water.

Waiting for Brittany to go under the water, I hesitated. "Nevermind."

Smiling Mathis took another drink. "How interesting, and very cliché."

"So," I finally said, watching as no one helped Brittany out of the pool. "Are you going to tell me?

"Tell you what, love?" He asked, subtly grinning as Brit slipped on her attempt to get out. "You seem to read me well enough that we don't have to have conversations about much."

"And there's a reason for that." I said, "You were a hunter before you died."

"What are you getting at, Addison?" He quizzed, but it seemed he already knew what I wanted to know.

"You should've gone to Heaven." I said, being completely honest.

"I was a hunter, not a saint." Mathis replied, slightly amused with me.

"How long ago?" I realised I never asked. "How old are you, really?"

"Well," Mathis finished his drink, "I was born in 1903."

"You're joking."

Mathis shook his head, "And I took my trip down south in 1921."

"You were eighteen." At least he made it that far. "How'd it happen."

Mathis kept his eyes off of me. "I was on a hunt in Scotland with Thomas and our dad was on his way up to the Highlands. We thought it was smart to go to the lake without him when he told us not to."

I furrowed my eyebrows, connecting what he was telling me. A hunt on a lake in the Scottish Highlands. "Mathis, were you killed by the Loch Ness Monster?"

"Shut up." Mathis grumbled before catching Scott motioning from across the pool. "C'mon." He said, putting his cup down. "It's time."

Walking around to the side where Scott and Stiles were, Mathis tapped Allison's shoulder.

Turning when Mathis whispered in her ear, she joined the small group of us.

Coming into the house, I spotted Isaac and grabbed his hand. Apologizing to the two lacrosse players he was talking to, I pulled him away.

"Is it time?" Isaac asked, walking with me behind Allison, Stiles and Scott. "Where's Mathis?"

"He's getting Lydia." I said, glancing around to see if there were any suspicious eyes. I'd only found one demon other than Mathis and she was long gone.

"Hold on." I stopped the five of us outside of our destination. Opening the linen closet, I grabbed an air horn. "You'll see." I mumbled as I went in front of the group. Pulling a bobby pin from my hair, I easily unlocked the door. Walking in, I pressed the air horn to life. Giving the room's occupants some dignity, I looked to the side as they struggled to get dressed.

"Oh, come on, Greenberg." Stiles said as the two ran out of Lydia's room, still only half clothed.

"Okay." I walked back out to the hall and exchanged the air horn for a set of sheets.

They watched me with slight amusement as I started to strip the bed.

"Is this usual practice for you, Ads?" Isaac asked, crossing his arms over his chest with a look he was failing to hide.

"That's what that noise is." Scott said, "I never figured out what it was." 

"Yeah, this has been my job practically since I was first invited to Lydia's parties." I said, tossing the sheets into a hamper. "Happens every time."

"My question is how the hell Greenberg got some." Stiles said, shaking his head.

A groan came from the doorway, "Again?" Lydia put a hand on her hip as Allison helped me finish making the bed. "These horny kids need to take it elsewhere."

Mathis shut the door just as I got the pillows into place. "Lydia, we need to talk to you."

Lydia hesitated, looking around the room. "Please tell me this isn't some sort of intervention. I know how to handle my alcohol."

"It's not." Allison ensured, "We just need to tell you something."

"You can't keep pretending what you saw with Jackson didn't happen." Isaac told her. "It's time you come into this."

"Ads, how about you do it." Scott said, nodding a little.

Agreeing, I offered for Lydia to sit down but she wouldn't take it. "Lydia, like Jackson, Isaac and Scott are werewolves, Stiles controls them, Allison and I are hunters and Mathis is a demon." I stopped for a moment, "And you're what they call a banshee."

Carefully and silently, Lydia sat down.