Thirty-Six

A/N: For a test that they made us sit six hours for, they amped it up by telling us that it was horribly impossible. I finished it in half the time and slept for the rest. It was pathetically easy. Xx -Melissa

36.

*Addison*

"Hey Lydia, sorry I-"

"Not Lydia, darling." The daunting English accent came off casual. "Look, sweetheart. I'm not  sure what the bloody hell you did, but it wasn't very nice."

Of course when I can't get worked up or stressed is when there isn't a chance that it could actually happen. 

"I think you're missing something, and if your want it back, you'll come alone to the gym after school." Abruptly dropping the call, Mathis' voice was gone.

"Can I guess that wasn't Lydia?" Allison asked, opening her car door.

"Nope." I dropped myself into the passengers' seat. Slowly taking small breaths, I tried to calm myself down. "It was Mathis."

Allison's eyes widened as she turned on the car, "How is that possible? I saw his body in the house last night."

"I'm not even sure what happened." I reached up to twist my necklace by habit, only to remember I didn't have it. "And he's got my necklace." 

"What did he say on the phone?" Allison quizzed, backing out of the vet's clinic.

"He wants me to come to the gym alone if I want my necklace back." I shook my head, "He'll want answers that I don't have."

"All right, that's it." Allison wheeled around and drove off in the opposite direction. "We're not going back to school until it's over. And instead of waiting in unbearable silence, we're going to more...productive." She pulled her car to a stop outside of my house. "Get the stuff you'll need for tonight and then we'll go back to mine." She grinned a little as she unbuckled her seat belt. "My dad just got some new guns in."

I laughed as I slid out of the car, my handbag still with me. "Oh, how you know me, Allison Argent."

This is good. Stay happy and distracted. The werewolves won't uncontrollably shift if i'm calm.

"How long is your aunt staying?" Allison asked, walking in behind me as I unlocked the front door.

"Not sure." I replied, turning up the stairs as Allison shut the door behind her. "Won't matter, though." 

"That doesn't sound like you're going to kill her, does it? Because," Allison caught the Ziploc of vervain and stared at it curiously. As I tugged a bag from my closet, Allison questionably laughed. "Is this vervain?"

"Yes, it is." I packed away a pair of pyjamas, "I want to get that into the town water supply."

"Are you planning on killing your aunt?" Allison asked with a knowing tone.

"Let's just say i've got a busy night ahead of me." I dropped my notebook of names into the mix along with my makeup bag. "Here," I tossed a spare bracelet like the one Stiles had to her. "Wear this, at least for tonight." 

Allison put the bracelet on without question as she found her eyes drifting to the mess i'd made last night before Klaus came by. "What bomb went off over there?" 

"Oh," I shook my head as I put a maroon skirt in my bag. "Nothing. I just couldn't find a letter yesterday." As I folded a black Arctic Monkeys crop top into the bag, I thought back to my inability to find the last letter.