Thirty-Eight

A/N: Definitely should be studying for the Latin competition this weekend but I really wanted to update! Xx -Mel

38.

*Stiles*

"Dad?" I pushed through the students, seeing a sheriff's uniform by our principal. "Dad, what's going on?"

"Stiles, have you seen your sister?"

Not since we went to help the werewolves.

"Not, not since we got to school." I glanced around, Tevin and Marshall mulling around not too far away from their head officer. "Why?"

"I just needed her to come into the station, but clearly, she isn't here." Dad replied, looking over his shoulder momentarily. "Your Aunt Jess is dead."

Our school secretary came out to Dad just as the principal retreated, "I'm sorry, Sir. Addison hasn't been in class and she wasn't in the gym to help decorate for Homecoming where she was supposed to be."

"Okay, thank you." Dad nodded to the secretary before turning back to me. "I know she can handle herself, but i'm worried. She can't just up and disappear. Do you know where she is?"

I honestly didn't know, but Allison didn't seem to be around either. "No, I don't. You could call her."

Dad nodded, pulling out his cell phone just before shooing me off to class.

A minute or so later, my phone rang. "Dad's at the school looking for you." I said, holding it to my ear without saying hello. 

"I know." Addison was clearly flustered. "Damn it, Stiles. Dad said they found Aunt Jess' body." She grumbled. "I swear to God if someone killed the bitch before I could-"

"So you didn't do it?" I asked, confused at the tone in her voice. "Then who the hell did?"

"I've got no clue. Jess came to the house earlier, but she left and then I didn't see her again." Addi was crunching leaves under her feet, telling me that she was leaving the preserve.

I moved out of the way of the students trying to get to their classrooms. "Does someone else know about her?"

"I don't even know if she's killed properly. If she isn't steaked, she isn't dead dead." Addison climbed into a car, the sound of an engine following. "I'm meeting Dad at the hospital, i'll tell you what happened after. If she isn't actually dead, i'll do it myself."

"Be careful, Addi." I said, knowing the power to her words had to be hiding some fear, even if it was only small.

Addi laughed a little, "Of course. I always am."

I rubbed the side of my neck and shut my eyes. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Stiles." Her normal sarcastic tone was void and more sisterly like it used to be. "I'll text you when I know something." Hanging up, the line went dead.

I knew she was strong enough to handle Jess, but something didn't seem right.

If no one we knew killed Aunt Jess, then who was the guilty party?

*Addison*

Switching off, Allison and I took her car back to my house. Changing into my uniform quickly, we bolted up to the hospital.