Twenty-Four

A/N: Meant to watch a couple episodes of Dexter... i'm done with season two. Whoops. I've oficially passed the 50 chapter mark in my notebook on Dilapidated! Xx -Mel

24.

*Derek* 

      Coming to a stop in front of Peter's place downtown creeping at the edge of the woods, I climbed out of my car after setting it in park. Ruffling at my hair absently, I grabbed the grocery bag of things Peter insisted he couldn't go get himself. 

      Not only does everyone think he's dead, but he was milking the recovery time for his exorcism. 

      Pushing open the door without a knock, I walked in with my eyes focused on putting the bag on the kitchen table. Only hearing a light muter, I leaned back to peer into the living room. 

      Peter laid silently on the tattered sofa, Addison with a bowl, of God knows what, poking along his head and neck.

      "What the Hell?" Hearing Addison speaking a dead language, I couldn't keep quiet. 

      "Did you bring my poptarts?" Peter asked, not opening his eyes.

      "They're in the bag-" I checked my watch, "Addison, you're still supposed to be in school."

      "Shut up and let her finish." Peter retorted, Addison not making any move to stop as she dipped her finger into the hazy green bowl of liquid. 

      "Finish what, exactly?" I barked, seeing Addison flinch lightly.

      Addison handed Peter a towel before rubbing her palms on her jeans. "Werewolves aren't accustomed to demon possession." She picked up the bowl without granting me eye contact. Slipping past me in only her socks, she dumped the little amount of liquid left down the drain. Washing out the bowl and drying it, she set it in the cupboard amongst the other clean dishes.

      "So what the hell was that?" I motioned over to Peter.

      "Just trying to make sure that your uncle doesn't die on you again," Addison replied, padding past me again. "But you did kill him the first time."

      Until now, I never really noticed how small she really was.

      "Sure she wasn't just trying to kill you, Peter? She is a hunter. You'd really risk that?"

      "Look," Peter sat up, "I trust the little kid who tricked me into a tutu when she was eight."

      Spotting Addison grinning to herself, she sat cross legged in the arm chair to the left of the sofa.

      Addison opened up a small book, not looking up as she spoke. "And if I was trying to kill anybody, you'd know." She tossed the book over to Peter, sarcastically smiling at me before letting it fall. 

      My jaw clenched as I looked back to Peter, his eyes engulfed in the book. "She's still a hunter, Peter. She-"

      "Saved my life," Peter looked up from the tiny book with an annoyed face. "And yours too if i'm not mistaken. And Scott's, her father's, the hunters who trained her. Isaac, Danny, Stiles-"

      "Yeah, well you sure as Hell didn't hear the things Stiles told me." I recoiled, "He's terrified of her and he's positive she'll kill all of us by the-"

      "By the time I myself get murdered by a demon." Addison cut me off, sliding her shoes back on. "I assure you, I have no reason to kill the only protection I can give Stiles if this goes the nicer way." She stood up, catching the book as Peter gave it back. "Peter, just call me if you need anything."