Fourty-Four

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the wait, i've been working on some other stuff lately. There's The Originals one, my take on the Supernatural spin-off that was shut down by the CW as well as I finished this story at 83 chapters. One week and i'm out for summer, so I should have a ton more time on my hands! -Melissa xx

44.

*Stiles*

Scott rolled over, watching me curiously. "It's stupid to ask under the circumstances, but do you think Ads'll beat out Lydia? For Homecoming, I mean."

I lifted an eyebrow, "Is that even a real question? Lydia always wins this stuff. Ads told me Lydia was already working on Prom before school even started."

Scott sighed a little, "I wish we could go back to before school started."

"No kidding." I stared up at Scott's ceiling, "I just don't know how everything got to be like this."

"It's not that you don't know." Scott replied, "It's just that you don't want to believe it."

*Addison*

"It wasn't something I thought my mom did, but maybe John taught her. It's a marines type thing, coordinates." I tapped my fingers on my leg as we drove back to my house.

"Your dad?" Derek asked, glancing over to me as he turned another street.

"John Winchester. Sam and Dean's dad." As Derek pulled up, I was thankful for Dad not being home yet. "He used to leave coordinates for his kids where a case was. It's a long story." Slipping into the poorly lit house, we got back to my room. "Another involved leaving an important letter in a mailbox."

"So the real letter is in a mailbox somewhere?"

"It's secure." I said, pulling out the crumpled sheet from my tan uniform pants. "A combination is required. Thankfully, Jess included that too." I shook my head as I put the trousers into the laundry basket. "It's what she told Heratio. She must've given him the location and combination of the mailbox."

"Do you think he told anyone?" Derek asked, watching me. "Are we already screwed on this?"

I shook my head, shutting my closet doors, "I killed him before he could've said anything." Keeping my eyes away from him, I hesitated before turning around. "We need to get to that letter."

Opening a search engine, Derek looked up from my laptop to me. "Let's find it then."

Coming behind him, I gave Derek the coordinates.

We exchanged a wary look as the final result popped up.

I nodded as I sucked in a breath, "I have to go get it. There isn't another way." Rubbing my forehead, I produced my phone. "I'm calling Stiles."

"He's not going to want you to go." Derek told me, turning in my desk chair to face me.

"Well tough shit because I'm not going to let all of this happen without knowing the whole story." With my phone pressed to my ear, I barely had to wait for my brother to pick up.

"Hey, are you all right?" Stiles automatically asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sat down on my bed, "Stiles I know where to get the last letter. It has the whole story on us."

"I'm sensing that there's another side to this." Stiles said, easy to catch on. "And not a good one."

"It's a pretty big issue." I said, absently looking at Derek's back as I talked to Stiles.

"Like how big are we talking?"

"Like across the country, big, Stiles. The letter is in New York."

*Scott*

"...New York." Addison told Stiles with a small sigh. "There isn't a way around this. I have to go."

"Tell her to come over here. We can talk about it." I said, getting a sideways stare from Stiles.

"Yeah, we can do that." Addi casually replied the second the words rolled off my tongue.

Stiles pressed past Addison's wolf-like hearing. "Did you say we?"

"I'm with Derek." Addi said, carefully speaking to her brother. "We went to search Jess' car. There's nothing there."

"Did Dad ever call you about Jess? Did they find anything in the autopsy?" Stiles asked, pretending not to care about his baby sister being alone with Derek.

"I called in a favour. They moved the body downtown and she was 'accidentally' cremated. So, no issue. Dad's having a field day, but we're fine." Two doors shut in the background followed by the roar of a car engine. "We'll be over in a minute."

Stiles removed his cell from his ear after Addison hung up. Slowly turning to look at me, he attempted to hide his annoyance. "I'm fine."

I crossed my arms and lifted an eyebrow at him. "Say it."

Stiles' jaw clenched, "All of this," He flailed his arms, referring to the situation in Beacon Hills and the demon infestation. "And they put them on top it? It's ridiculous and just plain weird! Of all the people and they pick each other? Right around doomsday-"

"They're here, Stiles." I interrupted Stiles, an engine cutting off outside.

"You should've let him finish, Scotty." Addi told me with a grin in her voice as she spoke, a car door shutting behind her.

I laughed, getting an odd look from Stiles. "Sorry." I told him as the front door of my house opened and shut again.

Addi knocked on the door lightly, adjusting her necklace as she came back in. "Hey guys."

Stiles tensed ever so slightly as Derek came in, but barely enough to notice. "Hey."

"So, New York?" I asked, not beating around the bush.

Addi nodded. "It's at post office in NYC."

"And you're just supposed to go?" Stiles lifted an eyebrow. "We've got less than two weeks and you need a trip to New York? It's literally the complete opposite of the country, Ads."

"I know, but this isn't something that we can opt out of." Addi replied, "We need the letter."

"We already know it's you. Clearly-"

"There's more to the story." Derek said, "The fake letter said so."

Stiles groaned, "Of course there's more to the story, There always is." He sighed, "We'll go then."

"We can't both go." Addison shook her head, "It won't give us a clean break to get the letter and find out the rest of the story. If it's both of us going, Hell will know just as soon as we do."

"Well, you're sure as hell not going alone." I objected.

"I can call Sam and Dean." Addi suggested, looking between Stiles and I.

Stiles sucked in a breath, about to regret the words surfacing in his mouth. Looking at Derek, he let out a small huff. "Will you take her?"

Dead silence hit the room, all of us wide eyed.

Stiles rolled his eyes at everyone's surprised expressions. "Well?"

"Uh, sure, yeah." Derek answered, his voice wavering with shock.

"I want you guys to go somewhere too." Addi piped up, "You, Scott and Isaac. Maybe we can take the heat off of Beacon Hills. If Boyd, Erica and Peter leave town as well, then I can call in Sam to keep an eye on Dad, and your Mom, Scott."

"What about Lydia?" Stiles asked with slight concern, "She's in the dark on all of this."

"The Argents can take care of her. Maybe even take her out of town." I offered up, knowing Allison would keep Lydia safe.

"We can tell Dad the we're all going to the Bay Area for the week. Derek and I will get the letter and all of you stay safe. The Winchesters babysit Beacon Hills and then we end this once and for all."