Seventy-Four

A/N: I survived a 8am-2pm cheer practice! Now I get to go play smash bros xxx -Melissa

74.

*Stiles*

 Lydia and Addison's conversation went on for fifteen minutes longer than her yelling at Mathis and none of us heard a thing.

But finally, the door opened.

"We've all been gone for too long." Lydia assessed, calmly strolling out into the hallway. Grabbing Mathis' hand as she moved past us, she glanced over her shoulder. "Well, come on, then. Everyone needs a party pre doomsday."

"She's not wrong." Addi agreed, coming out into the corridor just behind Lydia. Not leaving time to question, she took Lydia's path down to the party.

"Addi." I went down first, catching her as she reached the bottom of the staircase. "Hey, wait a second."

Addi stopped me, "Stiles, we need one night where we don't have to worry. Let that be tonight." She smiled a little, "Just once have fun. We deserve a break." Squeezing my shoulder, she left me.

"What was that about?" Scott asked, pretending that none of us could see Allison's hand barely hanging on to his.

Isaac, standing like a third wheel, watched Addison leave before looking back to us. "She's done that before. That mind set of deserving one night." He knew her better than all of us. "She does that when she knows she won't get another chance to do it."

"She knows she won't get another night off." Allison said, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth for a moment. "Maybe we should give it to her."

"Well," Scott said, "It's not like we're fighting a war or anything tomorrow."

"So it's settled." I said, "We're going to need more beer."

"Oh, God. Please." Isaac said, first off from our group to the kitchen.

Grinning, I slapped Scott on the back before joining Isaac in the kitchen.

Maybe we could get a peace, even if it was only for the night.

*~~*

Moving to the thumping music, I could tell Lydia had stolen Addison's playlist. Holding a cup in my hand, its low contents didn't make much movement.

I smiled a little, shooting Scott an approving look as he danced with Allison.

He'd finally fought enough to get her back.

It gave me hope that at least some good came out of this mess.

Leaning against one of the pilars, the smell of the chlorine pool mixed with a desperate scent of teenagers and alcohol. I even could tell that somewhere near by, someone was smoking a joint.

I wanted to be worried about the extent of the werewolf like ablities I'd aquired, but I was calm enough not to mind.

I hadn't felt this at ease since the first semester of sophomore year. Before all of this started, for most of us, at least.

I couldn't believe I went that long without realising that Addi was a hunter. I always assumed it had to do with Rosalie's death. That, and her incredible talent for lying. We didn't tell Addi anything werewolf related until after we knew Matt was controlling Jackson when he was the kanima. She'd helped him out of the pool at the party and later we told her to stay away from him. When we wouldn't tell her why, she wouldn't let it go.

We had an open relationship with her after that, but it turns out it wasn't exchanged from her.

Even now I don't seem to have her figured out completely. I don't think anyone does.