Seventy-Nine

79.

*Addison*

 Chris cleared his throat as we prepped the three cars in the driveway. "We'll group when we get to where we leave the cars." He pointed to me, "Addison, I want you to ride with Allison and I."

I agreed before glancing over to Derek. I wasn't going to argue with Chris but I had hoped I could go in the camaro.

"Follow my car and don't go any farther than I do." Chris directed before looking at me. "Anything else before we go?"

"Yeah." I kept my hands in my jacket pockets, the October air flitting around. "I'm going to guess that there will be some demons roaming the woods to act as guard dogs. Avoid them or they'll be announcing our arrival. If they see you, use the bullets on them. I took the rounds to the church and all of them can now kill lesser demons."

"And their hosts, too." Stiles commented, his arms absently in the pockets of his jeans as he leaned against his jeep.

"We can't think of that. Not tonight, at least." Allison said, zipping up her black jacket.

I nodded, "Let's go. We have an hour until the eclipse."

~~~

Climbing out of the front of Chris' SUV, I glanced around the woods. Although only the moon illuminated the forest, my eyes adjusted quickly.

Everyone slowly gathered in middle grounds, the cars parked in a line.

"We need to remove all of them. I'm not sure how many will be in there, but we can't risk letting any of them survive." Chris opened up the trunk, an arsenal calmly sitting. "Get what you can now. It's not likely we'll have an opprotunity to restock."

I went over to the jeep as Isaac moved to the camaro for weapons. Coming with me, Scott and Stiles stood around. "How are you two feeling?" I asked, opening up the back to the two dufflebags.

"Are you really asking that?" Scott asked, looking moderately horrified.

"Yes, Scott." My voice didn't quiver and neither did my heart.

Stiles glanced around, coming to a point of thought. "Where's Peter?"

"He'll be here." I said, handing Scott a gun. "Keep that in your jeans. Use your claws as much as you can until the eclipse seals off your powers."

"Is he planning on a dramatic entrance?" Stiles took a flask of holy water and an extra magazine of bullets. Pocketing them both, he put the .54 I handed him into the back of his jeans.

"He does love them." I stopped, narrowing my eyes as I focused in on our surroundings. Setting down the spray paint can, I moved away from the jeep.

"Addison?" Boyd called, seeing me wander off.

I held a hand behind me, silencing him. Closing my eyes for a moment, my head drifted to tilt up. Instantly pulling my gun from my back, I aimed up a tree and fired once without hesitation.

"What the-"

"Shh." I hushed, waiting.

The trees ruffled, a woosh filling the air before a heavy thud beat on the forest floor with an orange flush lighting a body.

"Holy shit." Someone mumbled behind me, first to break the silence my act had put them in.

"Demon." I said surely, it's spark of colour a reaction of the bullet. Walking over to the first kill of the evening, I crounched next to it.

"Addison, how did you know he was there?" Isaac sounded wary, as if he was slightly afraid to ask.

I wasn't quite sure exactly how I knew, but I did.