Fifty-Nine

A/N: This one is a really important chapter, but it's short out of necessity xxx -Melissa

59.

[Claudia Stilinski]

Claudia smiled down at her children, six year old Addison and Stiles, each in the small beds in the room at the end of the hall.

"Goodnight, Mrs. Stilinski." Peter raised a hand to Claudia as she came back down from checking on the twins.

"Goodnight, Peter. Thank you again for watching the," Claudia waited in the doorway, the young Hale werewolf  exiting the Stilinski House. "Stay safe." She called after him, waving before shutting the door. Although she locked, she didn't side the deadbolt.

Mr. Stilinski, apppointed head deputy just a week ago, was called out to work as soon as they came home from the hospital.

With sparkling brown eyes like her son's, Claudia had decided. Going into her study, she moved a stack of books and pulled out three envelopes and a handful of papers.

The doctors diagnosed her earlier today. She would be there to explain everything to her kids.

Opening a drawer, Claudia casually moved a set of Chinese ring daggers to get to a favoured pen of hers. Uncapping the pen, she decided to explain it all.

For the finale

Dating the fresh piece of paper, her hand wrote until it burned.

My lovely Addison,

          If you're reading this, you must be ready. If you've gotten to this point in my letters to you, I'm not only sorry, but so proud of you. My brave girl. Things will have already happened to you, like being able to move things with your mind and nosebleeds.

          Despite your thoughts, you're not the one the demons will want in October of your seventeenth year.

          Stiles is the Eclipse Child, preceding me in the particular line of mind set. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but it would've been a liability.

         There is of course, a reason you have powers. To make it easier to understand, I'll start from the beginning.

          When I was twenty, a hunter like my family, I'd come across your father. He was visiting his parents in Southern California, about to be deployed to South Korea and I was there on a hunting trip with your Aunt Jess. Your father caught wind of animal attacks and tried to fix the problem being the good person he is. He has in fact seen a werewolf, but he had no idea what it really was.

        Jess was stupid on her own at seventeen. I found her in the woods, her body mangled. An alpha named Ennis killed her. Someone approached me in the forest and the most I remember of him was that he had yellow eyes like I hadn't seen before.

        I feel if you know the Winchesters well, like I asked of John if anything ever happened, you'll know who I'm talking about. Mary, their mother, had this occur to her as well.

        A demon, in all cases shouldn't be allowed to live, except for this one. Azazel, the yellow eyed demon, knew what I was. He knew my child would naturally continue as the controller of all the monsters under the moon's sway. The price of bringing back Jess was to let him feed my child his blood, to create an abomination that would become Hell's personal weapon.

        As you've gotten to this letter, no one yet knows I tricked him.

        Neither of you are the monster Azazel wanted so badly. Stiles is the Eclipse Child and you, Addison, have the demon's blood in you.

        I'm sorry, Pippy, but I did what I had to do. This way, Hell can't have what it wanted.

        On the night that Azazel came, it was 6 months past the day you and your brother were born. I never let you and Stiles sleep in the same room up until he came. You slept in the nursery and your brother stayed in my office. I knew it was Stiles when you two were born.

          Azazel came to your nursery, believing that I only had one child. Known well, the first born is always the Eclipse Child. His blood is in you, and that's the reason you have the powers you do.

          You don't have to be a bad person. You can choose whether or not you become evil. You're only a little girl now as I know you, but I don't believe that you could possibly be someone to adapt all of the anger it would take to truly become like one of the demons.

         They will try to take Stiles, but I feel that you're aware of the demons' presence in Beacon Hills. You can't let them have him, even if he isn't the weapon they want. They'll prefer to have him no matter what.

         I don't know how involved you two will be at this time, but you must keep him safe. The Hales, they are who you should trust. Doctor Deaton at the vet clinic and his sister Marin, trust them as well. 

        I know you can do this Addison.

        My first two letters are blunt, and I apologize. It was necessary because not only could I not risk you knowing too soon, but you must do this on your own. If you are anything like your ancestors, you must be an amazing hunter.

        Be strong and protect your brother. This is a lot for a seventeen year old to handle, but I believe that you can.

Love, Mom

        p.s. The Ward family, hunters you may know are not a family to trust. What ever you do, don't side with them.

 *Addison*

I sighed, resting my head against Stiles' chest. I could hear it beating softly in rhythm to mine. "You're the one."

Stiles leaned his head on mine, "Now what?"

"Now? Now Mathis will come for me."