Fourty-Six

A/N: Would you guys want a prequel to know Addi's role in the 1&2 seasons? I'm happy to do it, if you like. Thanks so much for the 800 votes! Here's a long one to thank you all! xx -Mel

46.

*Addison*

Accustomed to working in dark situations, my eyes adjusted as fast as they could to the pure black atmosphere of the church. The hallways only stretched longer as I ran, the door out staying as far away from me as it could manage.

This wasn't right. None of this was right. A church is hallowed ground. Things like this can't happen.

I was weighed down, the jug of holy water seeming to gain in pounds as I tried a way out.

I stopped, dead in my tracks. I fell stiff, the water slipping from my grip and clattering to the floor in a sound that felt so far away.

I knew this place, this limbo of and endless hallway and nowhere to go.

My heart raced under my skin, a rare occurrence. The supernatural never took hold of me and my fear, not like this.

A shout filled the dark corridor that seemed to grow smaller and smaller.

I knew that shout.

I was dreaming, I had to be.

I shut my eyes, trying to steady my breath. I needed to snap out of it. I needed to wake up.

The air cooled to a freezing temperature, enough to make my breath fog if I could see that far in front of me.

No.

A voice drawled my name in a whisper that was so loud it made me flinch.

"No." I said out loud, squeezing my eyes shut. "This isn't real." I repeated it louder, shouting it at the presence that swung behind me smoothly and softly.

"Yes."

I screamed, turning and pulling my gun out. I shot loosely into the hallway, the sparks lighting the space around my for only seconds at a time. I backed up, stumbling over the jug I dropped. I left the water and I left my skateboard and backpack, but when I reached the door, it was locked. I slammed my fist against the door harshly, shouted for anyone or anything.

My name was a hushed thing, brushing a cold breeze on the back of my neck.

I closed my eyes again, my chest heaving as I stood where I was with my 45 white knuckled in my left hand.

I was terrified.

A shout came from outside of the door, a banging noise making my eyes open despite the fear.

"It's locked!" I yelled to whoever was on the other side, my voice choking itself out as I stepped back. "It won't open." I shoved my gun back into my jeans, the hair on the back of my neck still prickling from the arctic air hitting me.

A silence took over again, any hope left in me dropping.

I was going to die in here.

Suddenly, the door broken open and light snuffed out the darkness.

Derek.

I ran out of the church, automatically grabbing onto him.

"Woah, woah." Derek said, his voice soft as he held me against his chest. "What happened? You're freezing." His hand stroked the back of my head, "Are you crying?"

"It wasn't possible, Derek." I said, burying myself in the calming smell of leather and cinnamon. I hadn't realized it, but I had started crying. "There's no way." I breathed, warming by being against him.