Fifty

A/N: I'm in a really updating kind of mood today. Here's the big 50! xx -Mel

50.

*Addison*

"Seems it wasn't just me who needed sleep." I commented, hearing Derek rustle as I pulled into a 24 hour diner.

Squinting, Derek shifted, almost surprised by the deepness of the sky. "How long has it been?" He groggily asked, sounding vulnerable.

"It's been about thirteen hours." I told him, parking the SUV. "Hungry?"

"Uh, yeah." He sat himself up slowly, "Sure." Getting out of the car, he stretched a little and rubbed the back of his neck as he came around the front.

Locking up the SUV, I pulled off his jacket and held it out to him.

Derek silently thanked me with a small smile, holding the leather in his left hand. He looked around, "Where are we?"

"Kansas." I replied, going under his arm as he held open the diner door for me.

"Seat yourselves, sweethearts." A nice, kind voice called from behind the large diner counter. "I'll be over in a jif."'

Derek scanned the diner, on that i'd in fact been to before. "Back?" He asked me, seeing a corner booth.

"Don't make yourself obvious." I whispered behind him, grabbing his hand as he sternly looked at the salt lining the floors at the outer rims.

"What kind of place is this?" Derek quietly asked, dodging the eyes of a man in a baseball cap.

"Addison? Is that you?" Lorna announced herself before I could sit down across from Derek.

I grinned brightly, my hand slipping from Derek's to hug the beautiful woman with dark coloured skin.

Lorna waved a hand as I sat down, all smiles. "Baby girl, what are you doing way out here?"

"We're driving to my Aunt's in New York for a quick visit." I told her, carefully pulling the utencil set away from Derek.

"Darling, you won't believe how much you've saved me! Nothing evil has stood a chance inside here." Lorna patted Derek's shoulder. "You've got yourself one hell of a girl." She looked between us. "What can I get you two?"

Ordering, I bit my lip back as Lorna sauntered away from the table with a filled pad of paper.

"So," Derek said with a lifted eyebrow, "you've been here before."

I pulled away Derek's utensil kit completely and replaced it with another on that I snagged from the from. "They were silver." I told him quietly, hiding the silver set under the table on the window ledge that was out of sight.

"What's the story here?" Derek sipped on the water in front of him, unaware that it was blessed holy water.

"Over spring break this year, Dean, Sam and I came to the town over to work a case. They told me to stay in the motel while they took care of a nasty vampire nest. I got bored and came here. Ended up in the middle of a haunting." I thankfully drank some of the decaf coffee as Lorna brought it over.

"She took care of the ghost and made my diner perfectly safe from all of those nasty creatures. Demon tried getting in a couple months back." She told us, "Got stuck in the entryway with that devils trap you painted up there."