Fifty-Three

A/N: I've already procrastinated on homework and I just started school. Go figure. Here's 53 - It's short so fair warning. xx -Melissa

53.

*Stiles*

"Think college will be like this?" Scott asked, lying upside down on the sofa.

If we make it that long.

Isaac drank from the orange juice carton, sitting on the breakfast bar with his legs crossed. "I hope so."

"Addison call either of you?" I asked, looking between the two of them.

It'd been close to two days and I'd heard nothing from anyone.

Both Isaac and Scott shook their heads.

"We'll never graduate if we're never in class." Isaac pointed out, wiggling the empty carton and frowning at it.

"And we definitely won't graduate if we're dead." I said, leaning back in the arm chair I was in. "So being out for a week and doing a little of summer work is ten times better than being defenceless against a shit load of demons."

"Way to keep things happy, Stilinski." Isaac flatly replied, tossing the orange juice at the trash can across the mini kitchen and swishing it.

"I'm only trying to realistic, Lahey." . If you haven't noticed, our town has been over run by demons."

"Guys!" Scott cut off Isaac from arguing back at me.

Grumbling, both Isaac and I stopped going at each other.

"Arguing isn't going to change anything." Scott locked his phone and set it down. "Allison said she, Lydia and her dad are still safe. Zero demon activity where they are."

"That's good, and thankfully we haven't seen any here so far." I tossed the lax ball I brought between my hands. "Now, we just have to worry about the sister."

"And Derek." Isaac added, toying at the strings of his maroon hoodie that Addison commonly liked to borrow.

"Yeah, I think he can take care of himself." I retorted, still uneasy about them going on a cross country road trip together, alone.

Yes, I said they should go, but that doesn't mean I was in my right mind when I said it.

"Either of you get word from Erica or Boyd?" Scott asked, attempting to stop another fight while he could.

"Boyd texted me yesterday." Isaac said, lifting a finger for a moment. "He and Erica are in Denver. No issues."

Scott nodded, "Good."

"I'd ask about Peter, but no one really cares." I caught the lacrosse ball. "Should one of us call Ads? She's usually not this...silent."

Isaac glanced over, picking up my phone off of the counter, "Or let her come to you." He said, throwing it to me. "She's good at that sort of thing."

I perked up, automatically answering the call as I caught it. "Ears burning? We were just wondering about calling you."

"Now that you mentioned it..." Addi teasingly left off. "No, but I was just calling to check in. Any issues in the Bay Area?"

"All good so far." I nodded although we were talking over the phone. "Where are you two?"

"About an hour away from the location. Barely in New York." Hearing a bell in the background, she explained. "Derek is just filling up the car."

"So, you're really close to it then?"

Addi sighed a little, "Yeah, really close."

"Nervous about what's in there?" I asked, pulling my legs underneath me to sit Indian style.

"Incredibly." Addi admitted - the girl with no fear. She laughed at herself, "I'm just scared of what I'll find. It's stupid-"

"It's not stupid. It's not." I said before she could rattle on.

"Do you want me to wait until we're home so you're there with me?" Addison asked after a minute, sounding soft.

"Do you want me to be with you when you open it?" I asked, a bit surprised.

Addison seemed small, like she was when we were kids with our innocence in tact. "I don't think I can do it without you."

I shook my head, "You don't have to." Getting up from the chair, I wandered into another room of the complex we were staying in. "I'm here. I'm always here."

"I know." Addison said, "You're such a good brother, and i'm a," She felt defeated, "I'm a shit sister. I have been for a while."

"You were protecting me." I knew what she said wasn't true. "I get that now. I was too stupid to let you explain in the first place."

"I should have told you in the beginning." Addison huffed again. "I could've helped with everything that happened sophomore year. I mean, helped in the open, at least. I just thought that everyone knowing would ruin things."

"Who all knew?" I pressed my back again the wall, slinking down and sitting on the floor.

"Deaton, the Argents, but they didn't tell Allison until later." Addi replied, "And I think Derek was suspicious but it went away. I admit that I played dirty when it came to keeping my secret. Following, putting myself into situations that made me look innocent."

"The pool, right? When the kanima trapped us in there and you showed up. You pretended not to know what was going on."

"I needed to make sure that no one thought I was the kanima. Looking too closely would've given me away." Addi sounded like she regretted it, but she knew it was the truth none the less.

I made a noise along the lines of 'okay' but it wasn't fully audible.

"I should've told you. You're my brother, my annoying twin brother." Ads only laughed a little, "I'm sorry you found out indirectly. I would've preferred telling you myself versus you hearing my conversation in the library."

"What's happened already happened. Where we're at now is what matters. We'll read Mom's letter together and work it out from there." I told her. "I'm not losing you and there's no way in hell you're getting off without me."

"I love you Stiles."

I smiled, pushing away the suddenly water brimming my eyelids. "I love you too, Ads."

"Derek and I need to get on the road." Addi said, sniffing just barely. "But I'll text you when we get to the letter."

"Okay, be safe."

"Always am." Addi giggled smally, "And try not to fight with Isaac, please. You two can get in an argument without anything."

"What? You don't think I can take him?"

"Although your sarcasm is highly, highly developed, he has claws." Addi opened a car door, quietly telling Derek to let her drive. "Call me if you need anything. Love you."

"Love you, too." I said again, hanging up as she did.

Sitting where I was, I let my phone drop a short way to the floor and rested my head back against the cool wall.

I knew her better than anyone, and I could tell there was something in her voice.

Doubt. Doubt about us not losing each other.

Addison could feel that something would go wrong.

And like Mathis said, a Stilinski twin will be dead at the end of the eclipse. Addi thinks that there won't be a way around it.

And maybe she was right.