Fourty-Eight

A/N: I won't be updating for the next week because I'm going to be away at camp. I'll only get 30 minutes with my phone at night so I can check on my account but I won't be able to do much more than that. Enjoy the rest of Homecoming! Xx -Mel

48.

*Addison*

"See!" Lydia handed me a strip of four pictures. "That wasn't so bad." Taking Mathis' hand, she told us that we'd meet on the stage in about three minutes.

I smiled for Lydia's sake, letting the happiness falter out as soon as she was gone. I put the photos in Scott's shirt pocket and covered them back up with the jacket of his suit. "Keep those safe, okay?"

Scott furrowed his eyebrows, "Addison?"

"Five minutes and i'm gone. Just, take care of Isaac and Stiles while i'm in New York."

"Can I steal you for a minute?" Isaac stiffly came up behind Scott and I, his tone darkened. "Please."

"Definitely." I looked back to Scott, "See you on stage."

Isaac took my hand, pulling me away from my date. "Do you remember Paige?" He asked almost harshly.

"Rosalie's older sister?" I lifted an eyebrow, "Of course, why?"

"How do you remember her death?" Isaac asked, checking over his shoulder that no one was around. "It was like, seven or eight years ago."

"Ladies and Gentlemen. We'd like to have out Homecoming court come up to the stage so we can begin the crowning." Our Principal announced with false happiness. "Starting with Princess Brittany and Prince Danny!"

"Isaac, Paige was declared missing. There was no signs that she was murdered."

"Princess Addison and Prince Scott."

Backing up reflexively, the crowd bustled me towards that stage and away from Isaac.

"Addi!" Isaac tried, but I was already too far away.

"And," The Principal said as Scott and I took out spots, "Princess Lydia and Prince Mathis."

Lydia graciously waved, practically glowing as the student council president, James Station, stood in front of the microphone with an envelope in his hand.

My eyes fell upon the door next to the stage, leading out of the gym. That was my way out.

They had called my name.

"And our Homecoming King, Mathis Smith!"

Brittany faltered, glaring harshly at me, whilst Lydia only looked empty.

Mathis thanked James, bending over as the sash was placed over his head and the crown was set perfectly on top of his hair.

Lily Paulson, the student council treasurer, smiled as she came over to me with the sash in her hands. Waiting until I bent a little, she put it over my head. "Congratulations." She said quietly, taking the sparkling tiara from the pillow and placing it on me.

This was messing up the plan. I can't be the Homecoming Queen.

"If everyone will please clear the dance floor, our Homecoming King and Queen will share their first dance."

This is ruining everything.

Isaac's wide eyes met mine, looking at me with concern.

I was supposed to be leaving right now. Instead, I was walking arm in arm with Mathis to go dance.