Seventy-Three

A/N: Doing extra updates because I have a very busy weekend xxx -Melissa (And holy shit this hit 225k)

73.

*Addison*

 No one spoke as Lydia fell into a rift of silence. Staring at her placement of hands on her lap, she finally looked up. She moved her eyes to where Scott and Isaac were standing. "Prove it."

On cue, a red surface came in a ring on Scott's eyes, followed with a golden glow for Isaac's.

Slowly, Lydia looked over the Mathis.

Without words, Mathis blinked and brought his eyes to an entirety of black. Blinking again, they came back to brown.

Lydia looked away before she found me. "And I'm a, a what?"

Sitting next to her, I leveled my eyes with hers. "It's called a banshee. Otherwise known as the 'Wailing Woman'. You're a death omen."

"A death omen?" Lydia looked horrified but didn't object. She'd become accepting.

"The voices you hear and how you show up where dead bodies are - those are all things about being what you are."

"How long have you know?" Lydia asked, now only focused on me.

"Since our sleepover at the beginning of the school year. I said something to you while you weren't in the room and you had no idea I'd said anything."

Lydia looked at me like I was crazy. "Because I was in a different room."

I shook my head, "It's a little different than that."

"She's got a necklace that kills supernatural hearing." Mathis said, "That's why."

"I connected that to when we were on our way home and you absently drove us somewhere else and we found that dead body." I said, "You sense death."

"Is that why you feel like that?"

I tried not to react. "I'm sick." I pushed it aside, "But that doesn't matter. Lydia, you need to promise us that you won't tell anyone."

When Lydia wouldn't do anything but stare at me, Allison sat down next to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "This is serious. You can't tell anyone."

"It makes sense." Lydia said with a small voice, shifting her eyes around. "I was immune when Derek's psycho uncle but me, and, and-" It was clicking too quickly. "The school that night when we were locked in, and that lizard thing that Jackson was." She pointed to Isaac, "That stupid test in chemistry or whatever the hell it was."

"Yeah, sorry about that." Isaac said, rubbing the back of his neck absently.

"When I brought back Peter." Lydia said, her voice cutting off.

"It turns out that he bound you." I told her, having connected that a while back. "He had you under his control and made you do those things."

Lydia's eyes found Mathis. "You-"

"Ads, didnt you erase-"

I cut Stiles off as Lydia stood up. "I blocked it." I said, getting up. "It wears off with time and for some reason chose now to do so." I pointed to the door so Allison, Scott, Stiles and Isaac got the message.

No one, and I mean no one, wanted to witness Lydia's explosion.

"You blocked her memories?" Allison lifted an eyebrow at me. "How'd-"

I shut the door to Lydia's room as she started yelling. "It wasn't actual magic." I explained, moving the group of us down the hall. "It was a trick I learned from a woman named Missouri. It's only a psychological deal and can wear off."

Although we stayed upstairs, we kept distance from her room. As my necklace blocked out Isaac and Scott's abilities, I was the only one who could hear the argument with Mathis.

"What all does she remember?" Isaac asked, leaning against the wall.

"Everything." And I wasn't joking. "Even when she showed up to the house in the woods. Shooting Derek, laying the wofsbane, all the bodies." And that I personally told her I murdered all of them.

"Were you planning on removing her mind block?" Scott questioned, his eyes narrowed in curiosity.

"I was going to remove it, but no I wasn't expecting it to break right then." I knew Lydia wouldn't be mad with just Mathis. I was next.

Lydia's door opened, Mathis exiting alone. "Addison."

Expecting it, I left the group and went down the hall to him.

He grabbed my arm lightly and put his voice to a whisper. "It's Stiles?"

I nodded, barely looking up to him. "It's Stiles." Making him let go of me, I went into Lydia's room and shut the door. "Lydia-"

Lydia held up a finger to me. "I think I get to talk this time." She let out an annoyed breath of air, "Seriously, Addison? Not only only did you practically erase most of my memories, but you're a murderer as well?"

"Those people in that house were demons, I-"

"I don't care what they were!" She flung a hand up in the air. "Don't you think I would've wanted to know what was going on? If you told me what was happening, I would've belived you."

"I was trying to protect you." I defended, "I already lost one best friend to this, do you think I could handle you dying too? I've tried to keep everyone out but it got too big."

"Were you planning on telling me? Maybe warn the monster who's best friends with a monster hunter?" Lydia placed a hand on her hip, softening a little but not breaking.

"After it was over they would tell you. We'd bring you in once it wasn't dangerous anymore."

She furrowed her eyebrows at me, "When was that?"

"Tomorrow night." Absently, I put my hands into my back pockets.

"But-" Lydia narrowed her eyes at me, "Addison, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, we just thought we should tell you. It was time."

"Or you're running out of it." She looked at me strangely, "You said you're sick."

"I have what my mom did." The past tense couldn't be more emphasized. "They gave me a year."

She knew without needing to ask. "You don't seem too crushed about it."

I shrugged lightly, "I don't want to spend my year wallowing."

Lydia stayed quiet, her green eyes fixated on me. Maybe she had better intuition when she was knowingly honing her banshee loins.

"Can you tell me what kind of things you've been hearing? Mathis told me about it." I switched the subject.

Lydia bit her bottom lip before shaking her head and looking away. "It's nothing. They're not clear, anyways."

"I might know what it is. I can help you-"

"But you can't seem to help yourself, can you?"

I lifted an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You asked me what they talk about." Lydia said, changing the way she was looking at me. Exactly like she did when she found out I would hurt myself. "It's not a what. It's a who."

"Lydia?"

"They tell me what you're going to do." She said, "And if I sense death, you're the brightest star in the sky." 

"I-"

"You're going to die tomorrow, aren't you?"