Thirty-Seven

A/N: Looks like i'm 'Teen of the Month' at my school...really don't understand how I managed that one. Here's 37 xx-Mel

37.

*Addison*

I stared almost in awe at the bloody red envelope in Allison's fingers. Carefully coming down the stairs, I was hesitant to approach it. "Where'd you find it?" 

"It was between your books on that shelf above your bed. I saw the corner poking out." Allison held out the envelope to me. "So, is that it? Is it the tell all?"

I nodded, taking the letter from her.

For the nosebleed after an unexpected event.

Running my finger along my mother's elegant scrawl, I kept my bottom lip between my teeth.

Allison glanced over to me as I stood motionless. "Are you going to open it?"

I quickly shook my head and started back up the stairs. "I have to be calm, and, and this," I wiggled the letter before putting it in my current book eleanor & park. "Is certainly not something to help." Setting the book in with my things, I zipped up my bag. "Take me to the guns." I only half laughed as I picked up both my school and overnight bag. "Seriously, I need a distraction."

Allison respectively nodded, "Certainly." Grinning, she motioned off towards the hallway. "My dad wanted your opinion on them, anyways."

~~

"What are you two doing back so early?" Chris poked his head out of his office as Allison and I came through the house. 

"We can't really deal with school at the moment." Allison told her father, "Too much stress."

"So we came for the guns." I said with a nod, excited to see the new weaponry. Chris could always get the best stuff.

Chris shook his head with a grin, "Go get dressed. We'll go to the woods."

Allison grinned over at me just as a smile arose on my face. In a split second, we shot from our places towards the stairs. Being like children, we shoved our way up the staircase in a fit of giggles.

When I first met Allison, it was with Lydia and Jackson before lacrosse practice on her first day at Beacon Hills High School. But when Allison met me was a while later, surrounded by guns and Chris' other men. Victoria Argent asked for me to show her that we were fierce and intimidating. So I dismantled Chris' biggest gun and easily put it back together in less than a minute. She kept my secret, but I knew I scared her.

I pulled on my black leather jacket over a black jumper. Allison always made a comment that I looked like a complete badass when I was ready to hunt.

I could tel ll Allison was still intimidated by me a times. It was evident today, and it tipped into being frightened.

I was scaring her. I was scaring everyone.

Chris knocked on the wall, coming into Allison's room whilst she put on her archery grip and I was lacing my boots.

"Sorry, we're almost ready." Allison apologized, standing up from her bed.

"Actually," Chris stopped his daughter, "I need to talk to Addi for a moment." He nodded his head before returning out to the hallway. He hushed me before leading me downstairs. "Take the time you need. We'll go when you're done." Leaving me just outside of the large living room, he gave me a stiff nod before retreating.