Seventy-Seven

A/N: Praise the Lord for illegal downloads of Guardians of the Galaxy xxx -Melissa

77.

*Addison*

 Done with giving out the rations of weaponry to each party - other than the Argents - I pulled back up to my house. With everything together, the sun was threatening to set.

Killing the engine of Stiles' beastly jeep, I climbed out of it. Adjusting the hem of my worn out Van Halen shirt, I pulled my small notebook from my jacket pocket.

"You took a while." Stiles noted, sitting on the sofa as I walked through the house.

"I stopped by Stella's for coffee." I replied, putting the notebook back into the pocket it originally was in. "Had to exorcise my barrista so I didn't get the double shot I wanted."

"Your daily adventures are always interesting." 

I saw that Stiles was watching cartoons and tossed him his keys. "It's my specialty. How did you manage to find Danny Phantom?" I asked, dropping down next to him with my eyes glued to the tv. "I haven't watched this in forever."

"I found full episodes on couchtuner and I hooked it to the tv." Stiles said, happily smiling. "The best ones, too." He put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me in to his side.

Without objecting, we watched one of our childhood favourites in a peaceful quiet.

After a little time passed, my cell phone rang from my pocket. Taking it out, Toby's name flashed across the top. Getting off the sofa, I answered the call. "Agent McGinnis." 

Stiles sent me a strange look, only to get shoved on my way out of the room.

"Toby, is there a problem?" I asked, leaning against the staircase. "Is Garth still with you?"

The other end stayed quiet for a moment before Toby's voice came back. "Agent McGinnis?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Toby? Talk to me. What's happened?" I shut my eyes, hearing him repeat my false identity. "I'm going to send someone to help you. I'm so sorry."

"Addison?" Stiles appeared by me. "What's going on?"

Hanging up the call, I didn't lift my head as I found Garth's contact. "I worked a case in Kansas over spring break. Vamp nest and I met this kid who's sister went missing. Turned out they killed her, and on my way to New York, I saw him again and he said he felt someone was always watching him." I let out a breath, "He's dead."

Stiles lifted an eyebrow at me when I barely glanced up to him. "But, he just called you."

"It was his ghost." I called Garth and stood up, "He's trapped and can't move on." Heading up the stairs, I waited as it rang three times. "Come on, Garth." Opening my room door, I quickly shut it behind me. "Damn it." I muttered as it went to voice mail. "Garth, where the hell are you? Toby is dead and you were supposed to be protecting him. You called last week telling me it was definitely his sister's ghost lingering - how has it taken you this long? Call me." 

Dropping my hand to my side, I went over to the window. Peering through the curtains, a pink was blending over the sky with orange.

I was running out of time.

Raising my phone back to eye level, I called Dean and put the phone to my ear.

"Problems already, Batgirl?" He asked, picking up on the second ring.

"Very funny. No it's-" I sighed, "Have you heard from Garth at all?"

"No, not recently." Dean was both confused and curious, as well as drinking a beer. "Why?"

Giving him a short explanation, he came up with a plan.

"Hey Sammy, call Garth and see if he answers."

"Garth? Why-"

"Just do it." Dean ordered before returning to me. "What about the Toby kid? He call asking where Mr. Fizzles went or something?"

"That's the thing, Dean. Toby did call, but, I didn't catch on at first. There was EVP all over it. Toby was killed by his sister. I'm sure of it."

Dean let out a huff, "And no word from Garth means bad news. Want us to go?" He hesitated, "Sam is getting nothing. Just voicemail."

"That's all I got too. Can you and Sam go? Toby's spirit is trapped and I really hope he didn't get the same fate as Garth." I rubbed my forehead, still watching the sky slowly dim.

"You got it." Dean automatically said, "We'll leave once we know tonight goes well."

"Leave now. Garth's life could depend on it." I said as his second option. "I'll be fine."

He hesitated again, "Do you not want to come?" Dean tried again, "Come with us, Ads."

"I, I can see what I can do." I winced a little as I lied. "I might be getting a car - maybe I can meet you there." I shut my eyes for a quick second. "But go now. We'll be just fine here."

"You sure?" Dean asked with moderate concern.

"Positive." I said, flicking the edge of a picture on my wall with my fingernail. "I'll see if I can call you tonight, but I don't know how long it'll go for." Why was now of all possible times when my lying ability had to practically deminish to nothing?

Dean made a knowing noise. "Yeah, no worries. We'll go now, just call if you can."

"Thank you, Dean."

"Anytime, kid. But, uh, be careful tonight, okay? Demons can get pretty vicious." Dean was using the brotherly tone that always made me roll my eyes at him.

Right now it only made me feel comforted.

"I will. Have a safe trip, you two." Seeing the Impala in a couple pictures on the wall, I wanted nothing more than to be sitting in the back with Dean's mullet rock cassettes drowing out Sam.

"You got it. Be careful." Dean said, the repeat of my safety reassuring to him.

"I always am." I replied, letting the call go as I released a heavy breath. Pocketing my phone, I took another glance around my room. Picking a specific polaroid off of the wall. I put it in my inside pocket once I removed the notebook Pastor Norrix originally filled up for me. Flipping it in my hands, I pulled the empty box from under my bed that held the wolfsbane bullets. Setting it in it, I snapped the box shut and slid it back under.

Adjusting myself up right, I left my room but didn't go back down the stairs. Instead, I went into Dad's room after pulling two envelopes off my desk. Taking in the cozy room, my mother's touches were still there.

Dad hated the comforter and sheets when Mom bought them but now he wouldn't bare to have anything else.

Carefully setting down one, I left a letter dead center on the bed. Backing out of the room, I knew I was much more like my mom than I originally thought. Shutting Dad's room door, I went to Stiles' room. Hesitant to open it, I turned the nob of the door.

Ever since the day we drew the twin boundaries on our rooms, we respected them. For the first time ever, I broke it and went in quietly. Putting the last letter on his bed, a white light hit the black envelope from the window.

The moon was out.

"Stiles." I called, leaving his room and shutting the door. Coming down the stairs, I stopped at the doorway of the living room. "It's time."