BDOD #58

Despite of the irritation he's feeling, Vice still managed to set a simple but romantic surprise for his wife. He wants to make his birthday as special as he feels for Karylle. He organized a simple candle light dinner inside their room and placed a crocodile toy at the middle of the table. Their bed was covered with sunflowers. Karylle heard him talking to Russ while he was discussing his birthday surprise for her so he has no other choice but to change all his plan. Besides, he knows that Karylle would get mad if he would spend large amount of money just for this birthday celebration.

Vice set his suprise around seven o'clock pm but it was already passed nine o'clock and Karylle isn't home yet. Klang was sitting inside a balik-bayan box because she's planning to surprise her mom with her hand-made banner. She asked for her Dad's help.

"Daddy Bays, nasan na si mommy ko po?" Klang asked while her chin was leaning sa may edge ng karton. "Niaantok na po ako,"

"Hindi nagrereply si mommy, anak eh" he answered. He's been texting and calling her wife several of times but she wasn't responding. "You sleepy? Hindi ka pa kumakain e. Kain ka na tapos sleep ka na after?"

"But i want to wait! May supways ako kay mommy po o," she answered back while showing her banner. "Saan po kasi nagpunta si Kuwot?"

"You can show that to her naman tommorow. Tara, I'll feed you na tapos sleep ka narin."

Vice stood up and carried Klang mula sa pagkakaupo nito sa kahon. Klang let the banner fell down at ni-wrapped nalang ang mga kamay sa neck ng Daddy niya. Vice felt sad for her kid dahil pinaghirapan talaga nito ang banner na ginawa niya. She spent her time doing the banner for Karylle.

Vice sat sa isang stool in front of the candle light table and let Klang sat on his lap. Sinusubuan niya ang anak dahil halos bumagsak na ang ulo nito dahil sa antok. Nilalabanan lamang ni Klang ang antok na nararamdaman dahil umaasa siyang darating na ang ina. After taking few spoon of foods ay umayaw narin si Klang and groaned due to drowsiness.

"Sorry for waiting. Toothbrush ka na then tulog na tayo," Vice grumbled as he carried his kid inside the shower room to brush her teeth.

Vice felt pity for his daughter. Klang was so excited na matapos ang plano nilang mag-ama. She told her Dad to buy sunflowers dahil naalala niya that it was her mom's favorite flower. She also gave ideas about what Vice should do to make their simple date romantic but fun.

After brushing her teeth, saglit na pinalitan ni Vice ng damit ang anak at tinabihan na ito sa kama. Pagka-lapag pa lamang ni Klang ay ipinikit na agad nito ang mga mata. Vice laid beside his kid but his attention was still on the table. Paubos na ang mga kandilang sinindihan niya ngunit hanggang ngayon ay wala parin ang asawa.

He knows who is she with. He accidentaly read Yael's text earlier; asking kung anong oras sila makikita. Hindi lamang niya maintindihan why Karylle had to lie. May itinatago ba sila? Do they have a secret affair? He doesn't know and he doesn't want to know.

"We're done!" Yael yelled. Napasuntok naman sa hangin si Karylle dahil sa saya.

They successfully finished shooting a video and recording her new song as a gift for her husband's birthday. She thinks na mas maaappreciate ni Vice ang regalo if she made it personally. They were on the KTV Bar with Yael's friends dahil sila lang naman ang maaasahan ni Karylle when it comes to madaliang recording.

"What time is it?" Yael asked while watching his friend, Carlo, editing the music video.

"11:34. Shocks," Karylle groaned nang marealize na ilang minuto na lamang ay kaarawan na ng kaniyang asawa. She has to be at home before 12 midnight strikes.