Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this story's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

Do not copy paste my story or publish on your own. This is my book and before you ask let me tell you I don't allow any translations.

People might not like my characters, some weak, some arrogant but whatever. That is how I have created the character to make my story. If you do not like weak characters or mature scenes, then I might have to warn you this is not the book for you. I encourage all kinds of comments, whether it be good or bad. I believe criticism helps in getting better.

There might be many grammatical errors, but I will be editing the book after I complete it. If you do not mind the slight errors, then you may continue. Thank you! :-)

Before 5 Years

 EVELYN KATHERINE LINARD'S POV

"Mom, will you just stop this? I've had enough! All you want is your son, other than that you don't find happiness in anything. I'm just so done with you."

"Why? Why should I? All you do is sit at home and enjoy your father's money. You just want to go to some university in NYC, against all our wishes for what? Just to sit at home like this or to live with your Dad's money like always?" My said bitterly, like always. Why does she hate me so much? Am I her daughter or...?

"Why is it bothering you so much that all I do is sit at home or waste your husband's money? Because if I remember correctly, it was him, your husband who doesn't want me to study any further because I'm a girl and I need to get married soon!" I said mockingly with clenched teeth.

Yes, you're right. I'm sure you would have guessed by now. I'm eighteen. I want to go to New York to visit my old friend Caroline. University? Well yeah.... That's just a reason. I just want to go as far as possible from this woman. And her husband. And her daughter. And her son! Argh! Why can she not get her eldest daughter married first? Why me? So yeah.... Caroline has been my best friend since ever. My only best friend. My only friend. But we moved out here to Greece because my Dad suddenly decided to move his business here. Strange! But we kept in touch. The thing is I can NOT tolerate these people anymore. I want to live my life on my own terms. So I'm going to New York, may be there's no relative I have there. Nor do I have many friends. But I'm sure I can create a life for myself there. Because once I'm settled, I won't come back here. I won't even show my face to these people. You might be thinking why I hate my family so much? Wait and watch you'll get to know yourself.

"I don't know anything. That's between your Father and you. But we both have promised this one friend of ours that we'll get you married to their son. Be ready by... 7? Anyways you only take 5 minutes to get ready but please make yourself look presentable." She said ending with a sigh.

"OK. I will be ready. But why not Rosie? Why me? She's the eldest" I argued.

"That is mysterious to me as well. They didn't want anyone else but you. I just don't understand why. Their son is so handsome, rich, who deserves so much better. Don't mind me darling, but you are in need of a serious make over. But they want you just like you are, they say they love you just like you are" She closed her eyes as though it burnt her saying that. She thankfully left.

Marriage? It doesn't sound so bad. You know why? I always had such big dreams about marriage and my husband. I felt like he was the one who could get me out of this hell. The one who will love me. Me ONLY! If I can't escape to New York, then this marriage proposal is really my final escape. And if that person says that he likes me the way I am then I'm sure this is one true love. Cause believe me there's not one guy who has taken a like towards. Guys! All they do is throw nasty looks at me. I'm sure I'm not that bad looking right?