Chapter 33: Hope.

"You all shouldn't stress her out so much. Her blood pressure is too low." Mr. Whiton said looking at all three of them as he removed the sphygmomanometer from her hand.

It was like everyone had their hearts in their mouth. They then understood their mistake, that they shouldn't have yelled at Evelyn. She was obviously new to all this... to them! And it will take her a lot of time to get adjusted to all of this.

"When will she wake up?" Riccardo asked Dr. Whiton.

"Few minutes... I'll wait until she wakes to get on with further checkup. She said she had an accident..." he said trailing off. They waited for another 20-30 minutes for her to wake up as Riccardo showed the report to the doctor.

"She didn't say anything about pregnancy or possible miscarriage" Mr. Whiton pointed out with doubt.

"I don't know..." He said holding his head while the doctor nodded.

"That may be why she has low blood pressure. Nothing to worry though... she'll be alright young man." He smiled.

Everyone turned around as they heard Evelyn groan out holding her head.

Evelyn's POV

I felt like I had a severe headache. I almost felt like screaming when I opened my eyes and the light hit me hard. I looked around to find the same people still surrounding me. 'I thought it was a nightmare.' I tried to wake up but then lied down as I felt the familiar light tug of pain at my belly.... my baby... Nick... my baby.

"My baby..." I whispered.

"You were pregnant?" The lady asked me with an awed expression.

"My baby... where is my husband?" I panicked.

"Take a deep breath... long breath. In and out..." the doctor in the white coat said and I repeated his actions. "Alright now?" He asked and I gave a slight nod.

"My husband?" I asked and Mr. Riccardo groaned out loud. 'Not again' I heard him mutter under his breath.

Ok... I get it now... I'm abducted. But my baby. I need to go to the hospital. Why did I, like a fool plan to leave the hospital in the first place?! Why?! Nick.... will he be worried about me? Would he know that I'm abducted? Or does he think I ran away? My baby.... I lost my baby. I shouldn't have sat in that car. I shouldn't have gone to that hotel. I should've waited for him to come home. I wouldn't have lost my baby then. Nick is not to blame here. I am to blame. I should've thought about the baby. Now I'm abducted by them...... good thing... because I don't even want to live anymore. Nick must be hating me now... or maybe... he's glad that I lost the baby.

"Do you feel any pain?" The doctor's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"My lower belly..." I whispered as I heaved a sad sigh.

He turned around to look at the man who introduced himself to be as Riccardo. "We'll need different equipment to see if she's alright." He said.

The man only nodded. "Get everything you need. Make sure she's alright." He said in the stiff voice that he has. The doctor got up and left the room.
Isn't he my abductor? Isn't he supposed to hurt me? And the couple standing to my left.... they seemed almost scared of me, while I'm the one who should be scared of them.
"I can feel the wheels in your brain turning." He said with a smile.

"You are my kidnapper, aren't you?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows. "Aren't you supposed to hurt me? Why is there a doctor looking after me?" I asked and he simply smiled again. Now I remember. He said Nick killed his woman? Nick? He could have... it's possible. But I won't believe unless and until I hear it from Nick. There's still hope that it's not him. That it might be a misunderstanding between them. Is that why I'm being abducted? Nick killed his girlfriend or wife and he kills me now?