Chapter 11: Suspicions

Evelyn's POV

"Where would you like to go for lunch ma'am?" My cute little personal bodyguard Oliver asked. Personal bodyguard?! I know right? Very irritating. I mean what was the need?

"Stop calling me Ma'am, Oliver!" I said strictly.
But no use.

"Sorry ma'am. We are not allowed to" Ugh! I went towards the car while Oliver was already holding the door open for me. How sweet!
But my mood soon turned dim looking at the number of cars and bodyguards behind me.
I haven't yet gotten used to it. It's kinda creepy with so many men following you.

"You're here to see that everything is of my convenience, right?" I asked him.

"Yes ma'am" he said in his usual clipped tone.

"So Livvy....." I used that name purposely to annoy him. But that has no effect on him. "I don't want those men following me!" I told with my eyes narrowed at him.

"I'm sorry ma'am. We cannot do that. Mr. Perkins' orders" he said with his goggles on. And all I feel like right now is to break them.
"Ma'am? Lunch?" He asked again.

"Anywhere would be fine" I said and settled into my seat. I'm in the mood of some burger and fries. Anywhere and I don't mind until the food is good and yum!

I didn't move or speak till we reached the Capital Grill Restaurant. As soon as I got out, I stood glaring at Mr. Livvy. "You know what? I don't want to see you people in there! Out of my sight! If you want, you all can stand here and guard me. No one's coming in" I yelled at him. For no reason.

"Yes ma'am." He said again. That's a reason good enough.
I thought he'd say the opposite! Aaaaargh! And to top it off my husband had sex with me and left in the morning. And we are Newly Married?! Bullshit! And a wedding without a honeymoon! I'm already pissed off as it is.

I quickly got inside. As the weather here suddenly looked gloomy just like my mood. Strange... it was alright just a minute back.

I entered the restaurant which was quite classy yeah... nothing like mine. Well....my restaurant is not actually in a poor condition or anything but... you can say affordable..?
Oh yes! I haven't called Chrissy yet. She should be able to tell me about it.... or for all I know she would've declared a week holiday for all our staff.

I found a seat in the corner, very near to the door as a cute waiter approached me with a smile.
"Hello ma'am. I'm Leo and I'll be you server for today. Can I start you off with something to drink while you have a look at the menu?" He asked with a gentle smile. I wish I was a teenager again. But I'm married... to a hot piece of ass! And this guy is nowhere near my husband.
Ok.... 'Eve! You're married for god's sake!'

"Yes, thank you... I will have a lemonade" I said but he looked at me weirdly then replied with a 'yes ma'am' and left.

I looked out of the window next to me only to find Oliver and his ugh! Mini rats surrounding him.
I sighed thinking that they're not going to change and looked around the restaurant for a bit until my eyes stopped on someone. And that someone....

Sitting at the center table was none other than my husband with a beautiful, gorgeous girl sitting opposite him. She has all her blonde hair piled up on one side of her shoulder, with a fair complexion, like the light's radiating off her. She had a bright red lipstick on, I wonder how Nick's resisting her.... wait wait... what am I thinking? Nick? Resisting her?
It could be just his friend. I thought. And just then she looked at him desperately.
Ok.. I think I should be out of here.. oh oh... I thought but she had already jumped into his lap hugging him tight. Even I wasn't wrapped so tight around him last night. I guessed he wasn't the cuddle type. But girl! Was I wrong?! My suspicions were right from the start. I knew he had a girlfriend.