Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony & Reception!

Evelyn's POV

"Oh, sweetheart you look so pretty. That's a beautiful gown you've chosen" Nina said with a huge smile. "I can't believe you're finally going to be my daughter-in-law just as I always wished for" she said holding my hand looking me up and down with a bright gleam in her eyes. Wow! I didn't know someone would he this happy to see me as a bride. Her eyes filled with tears and she turned away from me going out of the room. Okaaaay... too emotional. I'm too excited and nervous all at together. It's going to be a Sunday wedding at sunset. Well we've decided at six and the ceremony will take place for an hour and it will be the perfect dinner time at our reception.

I looked at myself in the mirror again. I hope nothing's missing. "Something old I said looking at my cute yet simple bridal hair crown with a veil attached to it. It seems it belonged to Nick's Mom. This was her wedding hair crown. I guess I only have 'something old', no something new or blue.

"Something new!" Chrissy screamed from behind followed by Nina. Wondering where my Mom is? Well it was my condition that she can be present at my wedding but not to show their faces to me. Same goes to my dad. "Ready?" She asked and I nodded eagerly.
This is a real wedding. Nick and I are going to make this work. He convinced me this morning. I shouldn't hyperventilate.......

She slowly opened a small blue box with...... okay. I won't lie like other girls. I love diamonds. It was bright dark blue diamond earring. OMG! I just can't describe. "It's beautiful!" I squealed loudly.

"I know right. It's your husband's wedding gift to you" she said batting her lashes at me. I laughed at her antics and quickly put it on with the Chrissy's help. It's heavy but worth it! It's not like I'm going to get married every day. Right?

"These earrings.... they were made by Nick's grandfather for his wife. But before she could wear it and show it off to him.... he died. And so, she gave this to Nick saying that this should reach his wife. And surprisingly... for you, it fits in all the four criteria. 'Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue'. Right?" She said and my eyes widened at such a precious gift on my wedding. Just.... 'wow'!
"Oh and.... something borrowed?" Nina said...... okaaaay?

"What now?" I said jumping. Wow!

"This bracelet sweetie...." she said blinking back her tears. "This is my gift to you. You can keep it" she said as she slipped it around my wrist.

"But.... then how is it borrowed?" I asked confused.

"Well.... you've borrowed it from your daughter or.... in law" she said winking at me. "This has been passed on in the family from generation to generation. It started with Nathan's great-grandmother" she said with a huff.

"It's OK. I'm going to cherish this gift. Keep it as safe as you've kept it until now." I said to which she smiled.

"No child. I don't want you to cherish it or keep it safe. Instead wear it every day not just keep in your safe. I just want you to respect it. It's more than just a jewelry." She said patting my cheek softly. There is something odd about this bracelet. Anyway, we've to leave now.

"Okay... before we leave" Chrissy came back into the room.

"Bring it here dear..." Nina said. "Here's your something blue" she said winking at me.

Oh fu*k it's a garter. A blue garter. I tried to avoid wearing this cause obviously I know what happens after the wedding. Oh oh....

***

I didn't know my wedding was supposed to be so grand. Oh god! What's wrong with them?! I told them it's going to be just fifty.... and here it looks as though at least two hundred guests are here. I knew it. Greeks don't ever! I mean EVER arrange a 'small' wedding. It was a huge church. Huge I mean huge. We hadn't had any kind of rehearsals and I had not visited the venue. Or I'd clearly get to know how many people are coming. "Sweetie... can I call your father? He will walk you down the aisle" she said nervously scared to hear my reply. Because it's very important for that the 'father' gives away his bride without any complaints or objection. We were standing outside just in front of the door. I don't know what the people sitting inside might be thinking.