Chapter 30: Last Chance...

Evelyn's POV

"Chrissy.... now what do I tell him?" I cried.

"That you're pregnant." I threw my pillow at her.

"That I know! But how...... he seems so annoyed even with the thought a baby." I was lost in my thoughts. I'm happy. If not happy, I'm at least fine with the idea of a child in my life.
I have no idea how Nick will react. But I do have to tell him.... "I'm going to tell him first thing in the morning."

I was determined. And I will. If I was the old Katherine I wouldn't even care about his opinion. I would've happily enjoyed being a single mom.... but now this is going to be his last chance.

But now.... I don't have the finances. I never believed in saving. I spent what I earned. First, I need to get the building painted. And the windows, furniture... ugh! I spent what I had on making a kitchen upstairs. Now that's all blown into ashes. Oh god! Why can't he send all the problems one by one? Why altogether?!

I spent the entire day roaming around the mansion. I had a stomach filling lunch and dinner. I ate as much as I could. I needed all the strength for tomorrow. I didn't wait up for Nick. I also needed my sleep and I was scared where I'd open my mouth as soon as I saw him.
Tomorrow! Tomorrow's the day... I thought and closed my eyes as I slept with a peaceful silence.. for now.

Nicholas's POV

"Give me one good reason why we shouldn't divorce"
"You have time till tomorrow. Think and tell me. And I'll tell you if we should still be together or not. Okay?"

I remembered my words... I just can't wait to see what she has in mind to make us stay as a couple. I do hope she'll tell me she loves me. She's tortured me enough.

I fixed my tie for the last time and came out of the room. I saw Rand and called him up to me.
"Have you seen my wife?" I asked and he shook his head.

"She hasn't come out of her room yet, Sir." He said and I nodded, signaling him to leave.

I guess she's still sleeping. I'll have to talk to her tonight then.

Evelyn's POV

I searched the entire house for Nick, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Rand!" I called out as soon as I saw him roaming. What's he doing roaming around rather than being in the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am." He stopped in his tracks with wide eyes.

Anyways... "Uhm... Did you see Nick?" I asked and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes ma'am. He already left... Uhm..." I raised my eyebrows at him. "I actually heard the bodyguard tell the driver that they will be headed towards the main company office today." He said looking down.

I'm very suspicious about this man. But I'll talk about it to Nick once this issue between me and Nick is solved. I just moved out of that room without an expression on my face.

I walked out of the house and nodded at the driver standing near the car to start the engine as I sat inside. "You do know where Nick's main office is right?" I asked and he replied with a faint 'yes ma'am' and started to head towards it.

I hadn't planned any new way of telling him. You know... like how other women practice how to tell their husbands. I'm just going to go and scream at him saying "I'm pregnant!"
Well, that's what I'm going to do.

The driver stopped the car in front of a huge tall building. Oliver was standing outside the building. He frowned but came to my rescue when the guard near the door stopped me for an ID or something. Stupid rules! What if I'm not working here. I might be here to visit!