Chapter 2: The Proposition

Evelyn's POV

Shit! Yupp... that's my first word! That's my first word after I saw Nick's text for the umpteenth time on my cell. First, he gave me a missed call and I foolishly let him know that it's me. I never told him my name. How the hell did he even find out. And then call after call. And here I'm trying to solve Carr's problem. God! She met with this asshole's friend and he got her to sign some stupid papers. Such a cheat! No.. poor guy. Why should I blame him? This woman didn't even take a look at it.

'Meet me at the Barista near your house sweetie. Otherwise..... I already know where you live ;-) '

WTF! That's just pure invasion of my privacy. This man is going to get it from me. When he was supposed to marry me, he just pushed me away with his hurtful words and now he wants me back! I can't even remind him of the past.

I was busy typing a reply when I heard Carr scream "KATHERINE!" Obviously annoyed by my lack of interest.

"Chill babe! There's nothing to worry. Say that your moving into your boss's building since it will be easy for you to work. And you can be called into work anytime. Like even in the midnight. So just say that your boss insisted. She'll understand" I said. Though I don't know what topic we are talking about, I know Carr is probably bragging about how will she lie to her mom and how could he cheat. Well ask me. I'm the queen of lies. You ask me and I'll already be ready with a lie. Since I've been running away from everyone all my life. Five years actually. But I did try to stay away from everyone since ever. So, I have a whole lot of practice.

"But remember to say 'building', don't mention his room or his house." Said Sam, short for Samuel, Daniel.... I mean that guy's bodyguard obviously, who has already become like a best friend to me and Carr. I think he might be in his late twenties.

Carr was busy waiting for the Daniel guy and I busy thinking how I'll reply. I don't want him know who I am. Cause..... I don't know. It's just too embarrassing.

I can't handle all the drama at the same time.

'Fine meet me at the Barista. In half an hour. That's your only chance. You will not contact me through any other way after that!'

I sent and looked up. Looks like Carr is in trouble. I hate people who can't lie. But she's my best friend, of course I went to her rescue.

And aunt Sophie turned towards me to greet me forgetting Carr "Awww how's my child Katherine? It's been a long time since I've last seen you child" she came and gave me a tight hug. To her I might have been Carr's friend but for me... I respect her more than my own mother. Well you can say the difference!

"I'm fine, my dearest Aunty Sophie" I said while hugging her back. "But we're going to miss Carol now" I said making Carr narrow her eyes at me while I made a fake sad face to convince Aunty.

"Why? Are you leaving somewhere Carol?" Aunty asked her noticing all the bags.

"Actually yes" we all whipped our heads to a high-pitched head. There stood a..... oh he is Daniel. I thought and smirked at Carr who looked spell bound.

"He's the man right?" I screamed and Daniel chuckled at it. And everyone started laughing. What's so funny!?

"Oh dear! You should've told me you wanted to move in with your boyfriend" aunty said with fake hurt and smiling all the way. I was trying to hide my laugh.

"Oh no! He's the boss" I said in a singsong voice. Trying to tease her.

"Yeah! She's right" Carr said. Yeah right!

"So you're saying he's not your boyfriend?" Aunty asked.

"Of course not. We thought, now that we'll be working together. Staying together will make it much easier." Said the guy and so started the introduction. But I gave Carr a hug and moved out of the place. I still need to meet that ass and finish it forever!