Chapter 34: Escape?

Evelyn's POV

Now that I pleaded everyone to leave the room and I'm alone. It's now that everything sunk in! I lost a baby.... But I... but I still have another to take care of, to nurture for. And my husband, who I blamed.... I feel so stupid acting like a fool in front of him... I should've tried to be mature.

Anyways... now past is past. Let bygones be bygones. It doesn't matter now that he still loves Melanie... if he's happy with her, then so be it. But for now, he's still my husband. I need him. I mean...- I don't need him... I.... I thought... I just need him to get me out of here. Easy!

Then after the divorce.... baby... we could try and work out something relating the visitation rights. He's almost busy all the time. So, it's convenient that the baby stays with me. There's no fuss. It's easy. And about these people, who claim to be my family... well they look genuine, yes, but I'd first talk to my other family. Now that I think about it... I think what these people might be saying is true. May be that's why my mom always chose Rose over me, supported her over me, even her whorish ways. Dad.... is that why he'd beat me all the time. Is that why he threw me out in the balcony to sleep, engulfed in cold. I shivered as I remembered those days. It was something I had gotten used to then.... now it seems like a nightmare. I'd never want to go back there. Not even in my dreams. And my child? She will never face what I had to go through.

The main reason why I sent everyone out was so that I'd get some privacy to use the landline in the room. I slowly pushed myself with the help of my elbow, up to the nightstand. I was scared someone would barge in... but I had to take my chances. The pain that I felt in stomach was not there anymore as I was given few tablets to swallow. I didn't know if I had to trust them or not. But with everyone looking at me that way, and when Riccardo hissed "drink!", I had to. I just hope my baby is fine. I crept to the corner of the room and picked the phone handle as I brought it back and connected it to the phone... thank god it's working.

I had Nick's mobile number so well by-hearted. Just like how you can never forget the alphabets. And I was so thankful to the craziness I had for Nick right now. The first time I called.... it rang but then went to voicemail. The same thing happened another three times until I heard his voice.

When I didn't speak anything, there was silence on the other side. I thought he was going to cut the call. "Evelyn?" He said my name in a whisper.

"Nick." I choked.

"Evelyn! Where are you? Are you fine? Who took you?" he continued with his questions that was so loud that I had to pull the phone away from my ear.

"Nick!" I whisper yelled at him. "Let me talk!" I said again.

"Where are you?" He asked again interrupting me. "Where are you Evelyn?!" He asked again when he didn't get a reply.

"As if I know!" I hissed.

"What?! Aaarrrgh... shit! Okay... wait online. We could trace your phone." What?! No no no... it would be dangerous for him to come here. It's so well guarded. If not much, I know this much that this man has too many men around.

"No! Nick! Wait... listen... are you there?" I whispered as he hmm-ed.

"Uhm.... I have an idea. And please follow that." He grunted to that. "Meet me at the 'Mom&U' store tomorrow at 12pm probably. Don't be too obvious.... pretend as though you're buying something...these people seem like they know you, so send someone else" I said in one breath.

"Mom&U? Eve....is..."

"Nick I'll explain tomorrow. It's my only escape. Now bye I've to go before someone comes." I said and sighed heavily.