Chapter 35: Runaway Again.

Evelyn's POV

I walked slowly counting and dreading every step I took towards him.

"If we don't want any more chaos... we've to leave quickly." Oliver said behind me.
I smiled at Mark who looked between me and Nick with amusement.

I stared at him for another second and walked straight up to the car but to the opposite side where he wasn't standing with the door open for me. That was like a slap on his face when I didn't walk up to his side. I pulled the door close and looked away from him. He gave up with a sigh and sat down next to me. The feel of his eyes on me.... I could barely contain myself from looking back at him.

***

"Sir... I think something's wrong... she's not opening the door." The salesgirl shivered as she looked at Riccardo.

He quickly stood up and went in to stand in front of the room he saw his sister enter earlier. He knocked twice. When there was nothing, he tried to listen to her breathing. Nothing... there was no sound. He pushed the door with his shoulders a few times but stopped.
He saw that there was space below the door... he bent down... with his eyes closed and lent his head on the floor. He didn't want to believe it, but he opened his eyes in a flash and as he had guessed. She wasn't there. He had known something was wrong the moment he heard her ask him to take her out. He got up quickly and with one hard push the door slammed into the mirror breaking it into pieces.

***

"Oh my God! Kate! You're here! Thank god... oh god... don't scare me like that again bitch!" Chrissy screamed and hit me in my arm.

"That hurt!" I screeched.

She rolled her eyes. "Anyways... are you fine? Where were you?! I told you! You should've waited for Nick to come home and then showed him the report, the baby wouldn't -" she stopped right there looking at me wide eyed. I offered her a slight twitch of my lips before I moved past her to the guest bedroom.

I heard her come in and turned to look at her guilt-stricken face. "Could you please lock the door?" I asked and went back to cleaning the bed. I wanted some sleep.

I heard the lock turn and finally turned to look at her. "I'm so sorry Ev..." she bit her lip.

"Have you told Mark?" I asked her and she shook her head. "Don't worry about me." I said and her eyes turned even more sad at that. "Okaaay... wait. Let me share a secret with you. Between you and me! Uhm...." I took a deep breath and continued. She looked at me like I'm crazy. "Chrissy... you know about the accident and... and the doctor said I might've lost a baby." I swallowed painfully at the last words. "But-but I have a surprise... I'm- I, my babies are fine" I couldn't finish it.

"You're pregnant with twins?" She asked with astonishment. "And they survived?" I nodded. "Does Nick know?!" She screamed.

"Of course not." I turned away from her.

"I knew it... Eve you should tell him. You don't know how he was all these days... without you... and the loss of the baby-"

"I don't care!"

"I don't care if you care or not. But he deserves to know. It doesn't matter if he hates him or her.... but he should know!" She shook my shoulder. "Now go to him." Her voice was barely audible.

"Go to him? Chrissy... so much has happened. You haven't even told Mark anything even though he's such a sweetheart. And Nick... Nick-"

"I'll tell Mark if you tell Nick." She shrugged so casually with a smug look on her face.

"You're not understanding-"

"See! You have to tell him one day. Better now than never."

Well then, better now than never.
I glared at her as I opened the lock and walked into the living room along with her.
Nick, Mark and Oliver seemed to be in a deep discussion but turned around and looked at us stupefied. I in turn looked at Chrissy who was looking at them with a broad smile and turned towards me when she felt my eyes on her.