Chapter 42: Ours..

"What's this card?" Nick flipped it checking what it was that was clutched soo tightly in his wife's hand. Evelyn's eyes were still foggy due to sleep, so she didn't notice that he had it in his hand. She only just 'hummed' with her eyes closed.

What he saw inside warmed his insides. A Father's Day card made by her, on behalf of his child. "You made this?" He asked but there was no reply on the other side. She'd fallen back to sleep. With a kiss to her head, he let her go back to her sleep as she curled into him.

Evelyn's POV

"Oliver? You need something?" It was early in the morning; I woke up to Nick next to me and left the bed early just so I didn't have to face him. I was in no mood to start a fight with him again. But in no mood to take shit from him again! 'Yeah right.' My inner voice screamed at me. Back to the reality!

I saw Oliver moving his lips and quickly interrupted him as I didn't obviously follow. "Sorry..."

"Mark's hurt. I came to get the First Aid box. We're short of bandage." He said awkwardly, like the usual silent, shy guy that he is.

"It's ok... I'll get it. Where's Mark? Call him in." I said and hurried to the kitchen to find Rand.
"Rand... do you know where they keep first aid box here?"

"Yeah... what do you need?" He opened a kitchen cabinet and to get a box. "Are you hurt?" He asked and I shook my head in response.

"It's Mark." I said pointing towards the main hall. He frowned a bit before we hurried to him. "How did this happen?" I asked.
And for the first time I saw Oliver who was ready to burst into laughter. "What is it?" I asked, I myself couldn't help but smile when Mark glared at him to shut his mouth.

"Ma'am, your friend Christina was here to ask about the restaurant. Mark approached her and I don't know what happened or what he said, she slashed his arm." And then he burst out laughing.

"Asshole!" Mark tried to kick him from the place he was sitting from.

"Evelyn?" I heard Nick screaming. Ugh! "Who is it?" He might've heard their voice. He can call Melanie home but I've to inform about every person that comes home!

"My ex boyfriend's home. I'm just talking to him." I screamed back at him, loud enough for him to listen. Rand gave me that look that said, 'Are you crazy?!'

Nick came running down, fresh out of shower, wrapped in a robe, and water glistening on his chest. Throwing a glare at me, he scanned the entire room then turned to look back at me with a frown and I gave a sweet smile. Getting to know that I obviously lied to annoy him purposely.

"What happened to him?" He asked Oliver who laughed slapping Mark on his back again.

"Christina slashed him." Was Rand's answer. This time even Nick held a hand over his mouth trying to control his laugh.

Nick's phone rang in his hand. "Daniel..." he frowned with doubt, then answered it anyway. I was curious to know because I never got a call from Caroline last week. "Daniel? - Asshole!" He laughed. "Oh, don't worry... Caroline will know about this...- I'm not sure I'll be busy all day. Of course, I'll try and join you both...- and Alex? He'll be there? What did you tell Caroline? - ok I'll be there." He said and cut the call. There was not one single second that he didn't smile when he was talking to his friend. Why is that all his anger is always and only reserved for me? I didn't bother to question him about anything.

"Would you like to come with me to Bali?" I heard Nick's voice. But I only got to know that the question was directed towards me when I heard everyone's silence.

"Me?" Didn't we just fight yesterday. Not fight. Argue! And didn't I decide that I won't have anything to do with him? Except for our child?

"Yeah" he shrugged casually. Like there was nothing wrong between us. I simply stood glaring at him, while the others behaved as though there was nothing wrong. Only I could feel that the air was tense, he was... normal. Completely normal. Until now he was looking down toying with his phone, when he didn't get to hear an answer he looked up and by my glare, it finally dawned over him something was wrong.