Chapter 26: Away from him.

Evelyn's POV

'Okay' was the last word I remember I said before I walked out of that mansion. Never in my dreams did I think that we'd actually end up this way. I knew we'd not last long but.... our parting was somewhat incomplete. No words spoken. I just put forth what I want in front of him and he just agreed. No arguments. Didn't he feel anything towards me? Of course he wouldn't... he has Melanie.

I don't even feel any disgust towards her now. I'm just jealous. No denying! I am jealous.
It's been two days and there's not a single phone call from him.
Call.... oh and Carr did call me to invite me to her sudden wedding that is tomorrow. I did sound excited to her; I didn't want her to suspect anything odd. But I'm not sure... I mean I hope she didn't make this decision in a haste, hopefully they're not getting married just because she's pregnant. I hope Daniel really loves her. I think they do love each other... hmph... I just hope she stays happy. I don't really know what's going with her..... what are they up to? I just hope she doesn't end up like me. No girl should end up like me after marriage.

Anyways.... there's another problem. Nick will be there. What should I do? We did part ways in a civil manner but seeing him again will be awkward. But I plan to meet him today before we attend the marriage. Just may be... he'd change his mind? Or I might finally get the guts to confess first?

I was mostly trying to look pretty. Not really.... I was trying to look sexy, change his mind about me. I was determined to make him fall for me. I was wearing a baby pink tie detail dress making my upper half look quite heavy. It was sleeved on one side and bare on the side. That tightly bandaged my breasts making them almost pop out. Isn't this how he likes his girls? Well wait and watch Mr! I picked my white handbag. I think I was looking quite classy today, up to his standards.

Now we'll play the game Mr.Perkins! I'll see to it you fall for me... hard..

I had booked a taxi which was on time. I excitedly jumped into the seat making the driver look at me weirdly. Was I too overly dressed? I don't care. I could feel the driver's eyes lingering around me from the rear-view mirror. By the time I reached I was so creeped out, I slammed some cash into his hand and ran out telling him to keep the change.

When I opened the big, huge gate, no one stopped me instead, they had a look of surprise? All those men in their uniform suit... they all stopped doing their work and stood like a statue waiting for me to do something. So, I walked stiffly up to the door, trembling on my heels.
I blew a huge sigh as I got into the house, which was quiet, too silent. My heels clacked onto the floor, so I slowly tiptoed into his room.

When I couldn't find him, I moved further into the room silently, without making a single noise and removed the bun I had tied my hair into. I thought of checking the bathroom and held the doorknob and pushed it only to look aside after I heard a noise. Noise of someone moaning! Bloody!
It was Nick who stood shirtless in the balcony with a woman, clinging onto his chest with a tiny piece of cloth hanging around to cover her parts. And she looked up at him seductively... I definitely couldn't pull that off myself. No wonder he's with her.
The bathroom door that I pushed suddenly creaked bringing their attention towards me.

Nick slowly turned his head.... he looked shocked, appalled even! I will not take much time.. "Oh! I'm so sorry." I feigned shock. "Didn't mean to interrupt you guys. I just wanted to have a talk... wrong timing I guess... will see you some other day then... bye." I said with a smile and walked out; he didn't say a word instead he still looked at me with his mouth agape. I closed the door behind me and stood still for a moment.

I shouldn't have come here! At least not dressed like this! It would've been believable that I came to talk.... if I wasn't dressed like this! This was so embarrassing.