Chapter 21: Misunderstood Feelings

Evelyn's POV

"Mom! Dad! What are you all doing here?! Isabella! Why are you asking him to move the sofa" His voice boomed as Isabella stood there instructing his men to move the sofa vertically.

"You didn't seem to want to come home to Greece. So here we are. Much safer!" Dad said, more like muttering to himself.

"Aww. I missed you my little boy. And Eve what's with the hair?" Mom came pouncing on us as we descended down to the last stair. I stood amused, shocked and even blushed at her words while he glared at everyone, I could almost feel the smoke coming out of his ears and nose.

"So, are we going to the lucky grandparents any time soon?" Dad asked as I looked down. I felt Nick hold my hand tightly and pulled me along with him, moving back up the stairs again. I don't know how I walked behind him with the soreness between my legs. I was half jumping, half walking.

"Nick! Nick!" I hissed into his ears when I saw Mom's face dropping. I heard him mutter something as Bloody Baby.... Now why does he hate kids....

I have no idea why this man hates his lovely parents? And why he loves his evil sister! "Did you see Mom's face?!" I asked angrily as he closed the door to our room.

"Shut the fvck up! Just shut the fvck up! Just because you didn't get to have a perfect Mom doesn't mean you go around calling every other women Mom!" He screamed at me. I'm sure people downstairs could've heard his outburst. His eyes were almost popping out as he glared at me. Though I didn't want to lose, his present aura was scaring me to death. So, I quickly picked my towel, almost limped my way to the bathroom and slammed the door.

Asshole! He had no right to say that! Not everyone has a perfect family like his. But of course, they have a bitchy son! Does this happen every time? He sleeps with me and the very next day he shatters all my hope. And why am I blaming him. It's bound to happen if I obviously wh*re around him.

***

I was downstairs helping Nina with lunch. Of course, I skipped breakfast. You ask me what happened to Nick? Well, when I got out of shower he was sulking on the bed. It's been an hour and I'm sure he's still doing the same.

"Mom! What have you made for lunch?" I stiffened hearing his voice from behind me. I turned back to see what's wrong with him. How come he's being so sweet. Something is definitely wrong. Mom stood shocked next to me, gaping at him, as he stared back at me.

"uhm- uh.. I'm not sure son. I just started cutting the carrots for dessert...." She said almost in a daze and he nodded leaving quickly. Like saying that he'll wait. He almost looked sorry. "Oh My God... Was that my Nick? Oh god!" She was tearful.

"Mom...." I started... to ask if she was alright. But the next thing hurt me.

"No... Kate dear. Please don't call me Mom from now on. If that is what he wants... I mean I'm getting back my son after years... This is the first time that he was actually being so polite to me. He was genuinely polite. Not just because he wanted the inheritance or just because his father warned him. You know what I mean right? I hope you won't misunderstand me?" She asked and I nodded with a fake smile gracing my lips.

"Nina?" Dad called out for her.

"Dad-" I was cut off by her again.

"No. Not even him too. Please?" She asked and I nodded. No one will ever get the feeling I just felt right now. I was completely lost.

We both entered the living room with Nathan pacing around. "It's ready" He said.

And Nina turned back to me. "We'll leave now my child. I hope you could manage the lunch alone?" She asked. Wait what is happening. "Oh... we thought we could shift into our old family mansion. You know for some time..."