Prologue - Dancing to the Devil's Cry

Devastating wails and piercing cries could be heard outside, but a solid figure remained seated calmly on the highest and grandest seat of the grand hall. Resting her head on one of her hands, she kept her eyes closed and listened to the chaotic sound expressionlessly. Her placid composure would make one thought that she was enjoying a melodious music. A sharp piercing sound started ringing in her head. She furrowed her brows, but her eyes remained shut. After a long while, the sound had yet to cease.

"So noisy," she muttered in annoyance. Her other hand reached out to grab on a slender sword resting against her seat. She held firmly on the sword handle, and magically, the piercing sound began to quiet down. Her brow relaxed instantly.

Suddenly a man in his late forties barged into the hall in panic.

"Your Majesty!" He wailed frantically and ran toward her. His hair was messy, and he looked like he as if he had just seen a grim reaper. "The Silver Army has taken over the palace! You must escape now!"

Lazily, she raised her gaze upon the mad man in front of her. The man kept blabbering, but she could not comprehend a word he was saying. The only sound she could hear was the ringing sound in her head getting louder and louder every second. Standing up, she stepped toward the man expressionlessly. He immediately stopped talking and gulped in fearful anticipation

"Your Majesty, there is no more time... You... you must leave now." He stuttered anxiously under her dark gaze.

Her lips curled up to one side, and the man looked on in confusion.

"Too noisy," She muttered in annoyance.

In a flash, she unsheathed her sword and sliced the man's throat without hesitation. Blood splattered on her scarlet red robe, and his body fell lifelessly on the floor with a thud. Droplets of blood dripped down from her sword.

"Better."

Her gaze moved toward the entrance of the hall. Her long silky black hair fanned out on her back as she dragged the sword behind her out of the hall.

A heavy stench of blood engulfed her nose. She stopped in her track, and took in the chaotic surrounding around her. Piles of bodies were lying on the cold stone ground, and armed men in steel were fighting against each other. Everywhere was drenched in blood, blood and more blood.

Closing her eyes, she muttered to herself wearily, "No wonder you are so excited. There is so much blood here."

Her grip on the sword tightened as she took in a deep breath, inhaling the intoxicating smell of metallic blood. The piercing sound in her head was ringing louder and faster, as if urging her to strike.

"This is the last time. Today... everything will come to an end."

She opened her eyes and raised her sword in front of her. Staring coldly at her own reflection on the sword, she continued, "You and I will be buried in this place forever."

As if responding to her words, the sword began trembling uncontrollably, releasing a loud piercing sound again, but this time not in her head.

Some soldiers stopped and turned their attention toward the unfamiliar figure in scarlet red robe standing at the top of the stairs. They could not make out whether he was a man or a lady, but the figure emitted a terrifying and bloodthirsty aura. They could feel their heart trembling in fear, yet their bodies were unable to move. That person turned his attention toward them. In his eyes, there were no emotion, no anger, no hatred, but only emptiness, like a black hole swallowed everything.

One swing and heads started rolling on the ground. River of blood flowed endlessly, and dyed the silvery white ground in scarlet red. The setting sun turned the entire sky blood red, and dreadful screams echoed through the palace, as if a devil himself had rose from Hell.

They called him Mo Xing Hong Yu (Devil of the Scarlet Rain), because he killed without mercy, and blood poured like rain as he swung his infamous Devil's Hand in the battlefield. According to common folk's legend, hundred years ago, a man sold his soul to a Devil in return for immeasurable power. The Devil granted the man's greedy wish and cut off its own left arm and gave it to the man. When the man took the Devil's arm, it transformed into a sharp sword. With the sword, the man rose to power in no time and single-handedly built the Empire of Mo (Devil).

He was remembered as the Scarlet Rain or the Scarlet Emperor, because in his conquest to build the empire, countless lives were sacrificed, and blood never stopped pouring. Common people named the sword as Devil's Hand, an evil sword that brought death and destruction to the mankind. As if cursed, every descendants of the Scarlet Emperor brought destruction and war to the mankind.

The terror finally came to an end after a century. It was the day known as the fall of the Devil's Slave, as the last descendant of the Scarlet Emperor was killed by the Silver Army of the Yin (Silver) Empire.