Is this Love? (Daryl Dixon Love story)

"Please help me" I whimpered from behind the desk. Four men came around the desk armed and ready to shoot if necessary.

"Who the hell are you?" I looked up to be faced by a rather tall and tanned redneck who was pointing his crossbow directly at my face. I tried to speak but nothing would come out, the redneck started to become very impatient until he noticed the little boy crying at my side, his eyes softened the smallest bit as he lowered his crossbow.

I tried to speak again until I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see a young Asian boy around my age at my side handing me a bottle of water. I took a couple of sips that made my throat soften I seen a hand extend towards me. "I'm sheriff Rick Grimes, What is your name?

"My name is Sam and this is my little friend Harry" I smiled while pointing to the little boy cuddled in to my side shaking.

Rick looked at us and gave a small faint smile, I returned the smile before pulling myself off the ground leaving Harry there, he was so weak because he hadn't eaten in days.

"How old is the boy?" The Black man said pointing to Harry.

"5" I said while looking around their group.

"Either of you's bit?" A deep southern voice asked from my side.

"No, those things never got the chance."

He looked at me and just gave me a simple nodshowing that he understood. I looked down to see Harry clung to my leg in fear, he had become so much weaker the past few days.

Rick just looked at me waiting for me to say something else to him so I went for it, what did I have to lose? The world was already at it's end. "Please help us, Harry hasn't eaten in days, could you take in two more? I'll do whatever it takes!" I pleaded with desperation in my voice. These people were mine and Harry's final hope, I don't know what we would do if he said no. The three other men looked at me as I pleaded with what seemed to be their leader, Rick looked up directly in to my eyes and nodded his head, I let out a huge sigh of relief as I began to slightly cry.

"Y'all need to stop bonding, we need to get that damn bag of guns!" The redneck yelled while glaring at me and signalling for us to follow him. He stopped in a small room at the bottom of the mall and we all sat down so they could plan how to get the guns. I picked up the name of each of the guys pretty quickly on the short walk to this room. I knew the Sheriff was rick and I learned that the young asian boy was Glenn, the black man was known as T-Dog and the very muscular and handsome man was Mr. Daryl Dixon.

These men were good people, I hadn't always been a good judge of character but I could tell with them because they took us in no questions asked even in a world like this. Harry woke me from my thoughts when he started tugging on my dirty tank top, I smiled as I looked down at him.

"What's up little man?"

"Samii I don't feel good." he whispered. I knew he was hungry so i got up and walked around the little shop we were in, I would take anything I could find at the moment.

After five minutes of looking around i found two bottles of water and a few healthy energy bars, it wasn't much but it would do for now I suppose. I walked back to where I left Harry and I found him curled up in someone elses jacket trying to keep warm. I handed him a bottle of water and all of the bars I had just found and sat down at the side of him, he sat up slightly and leaned in to my side.

"Harry, where did you get that vest from?"

"Daryl gave it to me before they went, he said I would be safe with this on" I nodded and sat back against the wall.

The door flung open just as I finished my bottle of water, Daryl, Rick, T-Dog and some other guy came through the door but there was no sign of Glenn. From what I picked up Glenn had been taken by this guys group in exchange for the bag of guns. The guy wouldn't give up his groups hold up so Daryl reached in to a backpack and flung a severed hand at the guy whilst threatening to start with his feet this time if he didn't give in.

This startled both me and Harry ans caused Harry to jump in to my arms filled with fear. I could tell Daryl had a bad temper but I didn't think he was capable of this. Were we really safe with this group? Would they hurt Harry? He was my main concern, I could never let anything happen to him not even in a world like this.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt someone try and take a now sleeping Harry out of my arm, I looked up to be met with a smiling daryl."Get your hands off him now!" I whisper yelled right in his face. A flash of hurt ran through his eyes but they soon returned to their cold self again. "Fine, you struggle then, Dumb Bitch!" he yelled.

"Next time you want to help maybe you should try not scaring a five year old boy, He actually liked you."

"That kid hardly knew me" he scoffed.

"Well he is very impressionable."

I turned on my heels towards the door when I seen guilt begin to creep in to his eyes and when I got outside the rest of the group were waiting to go and get Glenn.