Chapter Thirty Four.

Sam's P.O.V..

I looked around the group as darkness began to set around us, everyone looked exhausted and who could blame them after the last few days.

"Come on Little Man." I whispered, picking a very tired looking Harry up off the floor. "Time for bed." I stated simply as I walked up the steps to our cell. I placed him on the bed gently, tucking him in under the blanket before kissing his forehead.

"Night Mom." He yawned before closing his eyes and quickly drifting off in to a peaceful sleep.

I heard light footsteps coming up the steps and I guessed who it was straight away when a pair of arms snaked around my waist.

"Thank You." Daryl whispered in my ear as I spun around in his arms.

"What for?" I asked, confused by his words.

"Giving Merle a chance." He answered quietly. I went to speak but he silenced me and carried on. "I heard you shouting at Glenn earlier, it really means a lot, to the both of us." He continued, before placing a light kiss on my forehead.

I smiled and pushed myself further in to his body as he gently tightened his grip around my waist.

"I wouldn't blame you if you wanted him to leave, I would completely unders..." He tried to add but I raised my head and pressed my lips on to his.

"Stop.. Merle is family." I stated, finally pulling away from him and dropping down on to the bed. I felt the bed dip beside me and when I turned to face him he was staring straight at me.

It was silent as we both looked deep in to eachothers eyes but I started to feel nervous and insecure so I quickly dropped my gaze from his.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked quietly, pulling my chin up to look at him.

"It's.. Just.. uh nevermind." I sighed, moving away from him slightly. I couldn't help but wonder why he was with me, I was extremely thin, very boring and definitely unattractive and he was just the total opposite.

I felt myself being pulled back towards him and then he ducked his head down to look at me again.

"You know you're Beautiful right?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I'm not." I whispered. "Why are you even wi.." I tried to finish my question but he pushed me down and hovered over me.

"Don't even think about asking that question." He growled, but, it didn't come across harsh as he pressed his body closer to mine and licked his lips.

I bit my lip and tried to hold back the chuckle as I tangled my fingers in his hair. I felt him pull my body impossibly close and even though pain shot through my side, I ignored it and brought my lips to his.

"I.. Love.. You." He mumbled between kisses before dropping down beside me and wrapping his arms around me.

"I Love You too." I replied wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Sooo.." He said, dragging out the word. "Bon Jovi huh?" He questioned whilst raising an eyebrow.

I looked in to his eyes, letting out a slight sigh shaking my head.

"What can I say, I'm a rocker at heart." I admitted, holding my hand over my chest.

"That's what I like to hear." He mumbled, before letting out a slight chuckle.

"Anyway, where are we going tomorrow?" I asked, pushing my luck.

"We, are not going anywhere. Rick is taking Michonne and Carl on a run." He answered quietly.