Chapter Five

I heard the door unlock and it slowly began to creek as it opened and someone cleared their throat in the doorway. I opened my eyes and realised me Harry and Daryl were still in the same position we fell asleep in. I whipped my hand off Daryl's chest and looked in the direction of the doorway, Carol stood there with a huge grin spread across her face. 

"What do you want?" I asked whilst yawning. 

"T-Dog is making breakfast but if you are busy I ..." I cut her off before she could even finish the sentance. 

"No I will be out in a minute" Carol smiled and walked back out closing the door behind her.

I quietly slid out of the bed and grabbed some clean clothes. I slipped out of my slightly ripped jeans and long sleeved T-Shirt and stood infront of the mirror. Both of my thighs were covered in self inflicted scars, as I moved up my body my stomach, arms and wrists were all covered in the same scars. The deep and ugly scars on my back however were given to me by my alcoholic mother who beat me everyday before I left and made alife somewhere new.

Tears filled my eyes as I heard Daryl start to stir behind me in the bed, I quickly slid my black skinny jeans on with a long sleeved shirt and my old black converse that were starting to slowly break. I was fully dressed and I knew Daryl couldn't see my disgusting body now, I was pulled out of my thoughts when a small pair of arms wrapped around me. 

"Morning Harry, are you hungry?" I asked whilst fixing my long, straight and black hair in the mirror. 

"Yeah can we go and get breakfast please Samii?" 

"Yeah come on then little man!"  

"Hang on Samii." I watched as Harry crawled back on to the bed beside Daryl and raised his little hand.

"Wake up sleepy bum!" Harry teased as he began to poke Daryl's face. Daryl stirred for a while before giving in and getting up, but before we could leave the room Harry couldn't conrol his laughter as Daryl grabbed him back on to the bed and tickled him until he couldn't breathe. I hadn't seen Harry laugh like that since before the start if this whole thing and it definitely made my day. I grabbed Harry off the bed and walked towards the door when Harry stuck his tongue out to Daryl and laughed as we walked down the hall.

T-Dog had made powdered eggs and they certainly did smell delicious, I sat down in the middle of two empty seats so I could seperate Daryl and Harry before they started again. We all sat there and began to eat our tidy sized breakfast and Shane entered the room and sat directly opposite me and I flinched and tensed up.

"What's wrong Samii?" Harry smiled up at me taking his last mouthful. 

"Nothing.. I.. I'm just not hungry." I said scooping the rest of my eggs on to his plate with my fork. 

"Thank You." He hadn't eaten this much in months so i was glad to give him the rest of mine even though I was still hungry, starving in fact. I slowly got up and made my way back towards our room, I couldn't be around Shane today not after last night. I could see Daryl get up off his seat and start to follow me so I started to quicken my pace.

"Sam, Sam slow down!" I felt Daryl's hand wrap around my wrist as we reached the door to the room. I spun around and pushed him away from me. 

"What's wrong Sam?" He questioned. 

"I'm fine just leave me be." I growled. Daryl looked me deep in the eyes before sighing and turning around to walk back to where the group were. I felt bad for pushing him away but I didn't want to explain everything that went on last night. I slid in to bed and slammed my head in to the pillow just letting the tears flow freely from my eyes.

Last night brought so many memories back, just over five years ago when I was 15 I was raped and I felt like my world had come to and end. That night was one of the worst nights of my life so far, I had to go home after that and suffer one of my mothers worst beating's yet. That sick man took more than just my innocence that night, he took my confidence along with many other things too. I left home about a month after that incident which stopped me getting beaten by my mother but I became lonely and I had no one so my self inflicted scars became more frequent and brutal.

My dad came to visit me on my 18th birthday and that would be the last time I ever saw him, he explained to me that my mother was seriously ill and they had to move away for treatment. The last words he spoke to me were 'Stay strong sam, I Love You."

More and more tears streamed down my face as I was thinking about my dad and how the whole thing last night and five years ago was probably my fault. I was quickly pulled out of my thoughta when a frantic Carol burst through the door. 

"Pack your things now." She screamed and I looked at her in confusion. 

"The CDC, it's going to explode in 30 minutes when the generators run out!" I looked at her in shock as she darted out of the door in a hurry, i packed my things along with Harry's and then Daryl's and then made my way to where the rest of the group were.

As I got to the enterance to the room the shutter shot up and blocked me from the rest of the group. My heart broke when I heard Harry cry for me, I started to beat with all my strength but my body was starting to ache. I had to try though I carried on beating the door until I threw my hardest punch as I knew it was my last before I collapsed in defeat. As I went to hit the door the shutters shot down and I collided with a very muscular chest. Daryl stood there looking down at me with a grin on his face but his expression soon changed in the panic.

"Come On!" He said whilst dragging me along the hall. 

"Okay" I wept running along with him, I could see Harry running in front of us which made me relax a little but not much. 

The doors and windows wouldn't give and they were definitely bulletproof so I was about to give up all hope as I slouched down by the steps. I looked up to see Carol hand Rick a grenade, I grabbed Harry and ducked down behind the steps sheltering his very small body. I felt tears stream down my face as time slowly moved second by second, just as the explosion from the grenade went off I felt a pair of arms wrap around mine and Harry's body to protect us.

I knew who was holding us tight just from the same tingles running through my body as I did last night when we slept in the same bed as each other. It was the one and only Mr. Daryl Dixon. I heard the window smash and I quickly pulled away from Daryl and rushed Harry out if the window, but half way to the cars Harry began to slow down to the point where even Andrea and Dale passed us. I could feel the rise in the temperature coming from the CDC so I threw Harry infront of me just as the whole place exploded. I felt my whole body begin to burn and a sharp pain shot down my back and my legs.

I hit the floor hard and just then black dots began to appear in my vision. I could hear distant voices but my eyelids were becoming too heavy and soon closed leaving me in complete darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note...

Two updates in one day! Say what??

So what will happen to Sam? Will she survive this blow?

I might be able to update again tomorrow depending on the amount of college work i get so keep your fingers crossed ;3!

Please Comment, Vote and Share please!!

Woooooo!