Chapter Twenty Five

Hey Guys :)!
There is going to be a time jump in the chapter, I think it needs to move on a few weeks so I can my things across !

I hope you enjoy this one :)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's P.O.V

I watched closely as the door closed behind Daryl and I sunk to the floor and pulled my knees my chest, letting a stray tear slide down my cheek. How could he do this? Why did he do this? I couldn't stop the questions circulating my head as I sunk back against the bed.

I didn't want to be alone again in this world but apparently I had to be from now on, I sighed refusing to let this get to me as I slowly pulled myself up. I let the last few tears slide down my face before sorting myself out infront of the mirror and slowly opening the door to go downstairs.

I slowly edged my way down the steps and sat down at the bottom away from everyone else in the group.

"You okay there Sam?" Rick asked, handing me a plate of food.

"Yeah.." I barely whispered.

"Okay." He said simply giving me a confused look as he went back to Lori and carl. I picked bits of the food up off the plate before setting it down beside me and heading towards the door.

"Where are you going mom?" Harry asked looking over at me.

"I'm just going on watch little man. I'll be back to put you to bed." I said before closing the door.

I left the cabin as the sun began to set again, I got on top of the RV and dropped down in to Dale's chair to face the woods. I just settled down in to a comfortable position on the chair when I heard the door to the cabin creek open slowly.

"I'm fine on my own." I sighed, listening to the footsteps coming closer.

"Thought you could use some company out here." A sweet voice said whilst climbing the ladder.

"Honestly, I got this." I barely whispered as Carol sat down beside me.

I knew there was no point arguing with her, Carol was staying whether I wanted her to or not.

"You and Daryl sorted things out?" She asked quietly. 'Get straight to the point why don't you.' I thought to myself before nodding.

"You could say that." I stated plainly.

"Soo, why do you still seem sad?" She questioned.

"Things really aren't going to be the same anymore." I whispered looking away from her gaze.

Things between us fell silent for a few minutes as I looked out in to the distance.

"Which means what exactly?" She asked quietly.

"We're not together anymore." I barely even whispered back. I felt a twinge in my chest as I admitted it to both myself and to Carol for the first time.

"Oh.. but you two.. uh.. well...." Carol stuttered.

"There never should have been an Us." I whispered, completely cutting her off from her senrance.

"Don't say that sweetie, You will get this sorted. Daryl wants this to work." She assured me.

I finally turned my head to look at her and sighed back against my seat.

"They were his words." I said, defeated by my own words.

"What do you mean?" She asked quietly.