Chapter Thirty Eight

Sam's P.O.V..

I lay down in the bed for around a hour before finally getting up and deciding to get things sorted with Harry. I slowly walked past everyone in the group before stopping at Merle's cell door.

"Do you mind if I come in and speak to him?" I asked Merle quietly.

"Not at all.. Do you want me to leave?" He replied, I shook my head and walked further in but Merle got up and left anyway.

I stood next to the top bunk and slowly ran my hand through Harry's hair.

"Hey little man.." I whispered. I waited to see if he would answer me but there was nothing but a small sniffle. "I'm Sorry.. I should never have shouted at you like that... Please don't cry." I added whilst slowly climbing up on to the bed and laying down next to him. It fell silent in the room, I thought about everything that was going on and a frown formed on my face.

I sighed after a few minutes of listening to him crying, deciding it was probably best to leave him alone. I was about to roll over and climb down when Harry turned around and gripped on to my shirt.

"Please don't leave me mom." He whispered and I turned around, immediately wrapping my arms around him.

"I'm Sorry.." I replied squeezing his tiny body a little bit.

"It's okay." He whispered as he pulled himself closer to my body and rubbed his eyes.

I placed a small kiss on the top of his head and pushed his hair out of his eyes.

"Get some sleep.. We have a lot of things to do tomorrow." I said quietly in his ear and he nodded.

"I Love You Mom.. Goodnight." He replied, closing his eyes. I waited until he fell asleep and held him closer to me.

"Goodnight my baby boy.. I Love You so, so much!" I replied placing another soft kiss on his head. I could hear footsteps coming in to the cell so I slowly unwrapped my arms from around Harry.

I went to slide off the bed but Merle put hand up to stop me.

"Stay with him.. My baby brother ain't back yet." He stated and I instantly felt a pain in my chest as I lay back down.

"Okay." I barely whispered in reply to him. I felt so guilty about all of this, I can't believe how stupid I was. I could see it was getting dark outside so I wrapped my arms back around Harry and closed my eyes.

"Everything okay with you two?" Merle questioned and I shook my head.

I knew he couldn't see me but it was the only response I had.

"Only he left in a hurry earlier.. He took the a truck and nobody's seen him since." He added.

"Yeah.." I replied quietly, tightening my arms around Harry. "I really messed up this time." I whispered, thinking that Merle had gone to sleep.

"He'll come around.. I aint ever seen my baby brother this happy before." He admitted but I chose to leave it at that. Merle didn't know what was going on, he didn't realise how bad things could get right now.

I heard Merle's loud snores filling the room and I pulled the pregnancy test out from my front pocket.

"How can you potentially cause so many problems?" I questioned looking down at the two lines staring back at me. "You're not even here yet." I whispered, slipping the stick back in to my pocket and rubbing my hand across my stomach. I sat up slowly and let my thoughts of Daryl and I take over, I needed him here with me now. I closed my eyes and yet again another tear slipped down my cheek as I thought about one conversation that we had a few months back.